Our valued sponsor

Bank of Cyprus bank account, is it worth it?

drillbill

Offshore Agent
Jan 6, 2009
Visit site
We applied for a Bank of Cyprus bank account because they offercustody services and same day payment transfer which the other banks we have not do.

The requirement to the documents are insane (sorry to say so) now I was wondering if that is worth to go that route?

It depends on what requirements you have and what exactly you expect the bank to do for you.

Reactions: cosmo and drillbill
Actually now we have the account I can say Bank of Cyprus rocks and it is a great bank and all the hassle worth to get the account. Thank you Admin and your team for staying with me during the process, and forgive me my negative attitude, I'm very sorry about that :)

Reactions: suzy
IFRpilot said:
Did it take you over 4 months to get your account open? Just notice the date of your first post and last post on this thread.
Thanks
NO, it took exact 9 days to get the allocation letter and accour operational.

It varies from time to time how long it takes to open an account with the differenet banks. Some are terrible slow while others are OK and fast.

Reactions: suzy
You will defianly want to open a bank account with BoC they are worth the additional document they require. We hold an account there since 2011 never had a single issue in 4 years very happy and satisfied customers of Bank of Cyprus :icon_cool:

BoC is a great bank really cool to work with and they understand what you want from them if you explain it! You are not just a number there.. you are a customer of theirs!
[video=youtube_share;_bmGKo1EFlM]

Nice comercial I would say. Bank of Cyprus is better then the other banks in Cyprus or the same?

I would still be careful banking in Cyprus. During the last economic crisis the government did confiscate a part of peoples deposits. Yes, it's more stable now, but it can still happen again at some point. It's very interesting how people seem to forget about this. The documentation requirements seem to be a problem, and I've personally had people complain about that. There are still a few other good alternatives outside Cyprus though

Well, so far 0% of our clients lost any money in Cyprus, some of them are large clients with huge sums. So what ever and whoever lost money there it seems not to apply for a certain group of people.

Same day money transfer. I think you should go with paypal. You can instantly transfer money via paypal if you would like to transfer from anywhere in the worl as long as you have a paypal account to receive and another paypal account to send.

Same day money transfer. I think you should go with paypal. You can instantly transfer money via paypal if you would like to transfer from anywhere in the worl as long as you have a paypal account to receive and another paypal account to send.
Do they accept PayPal? And even if they do, PayPal is good for merchants but not for companies. Since their tax fees are insane and even with the tiniest amount of money, they would still charge fees for their own sakes.