Our valued sponsor

Best offshore jurisdiction for a classifieds site

AHK84

Jun 28, 2021
London
Visit site
Hi All,

Firstly admin please change the location of this post if it is in the wrong location.

I am looking for the best offshore jurisdiction ideally something I can register for under 1000USD, but also looking for a payment processor that would accept such a jurisdiction without charging me an arm and a leg, am looking at setting up a classifieds website nothing dodgy or illegal but due to low margins I don't want to pay too much tax on the income, I was told I can register a company in Belize for 500USD and another 500USD for a bank account but not sure if there are any payment processors that would provide services for the site, your advice and assistance is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
AHK

Hi wellington,

Many thanks for the rapid response, I own a holding company in Gibraltar and it would be thee UBO of the new company/website and as per the Gibraltar rules there is no tax if I repatriate the profits if incurred outside of Gibraltar hope this sheds some more light, your advice is highly appreciated.

A company cannot be UBO. You are the UBO.

@wellington is right that the Belize or whatever company becomes tax resident where you live, unless you live in a tax haven.

Payment processing and offshore companies don't go hand in hand anymore. Go back to 10–15 years and it was quite easy to get a merchant account for an offshore company. Nowadays, that's practically impossible. People get around it by accepting very high processing costs to gray market solutions, and/or form a subsidiary in for example US, EU, or UK which in turn opens merchant accounts and acts as a payment agent company.

Reactions: AHK84