Our valued sponsor

Can someone recommend bank that accepts crypto sourced transactions?

pastet89

Dec 13, 2021
Europe
Visit site
I know opening bank account of an offshore company is super hard but at least are there some nice street (non EMI) banks that would accept:

- personal account of a non-resident
- money coming from crypto exchanges
- source of money is dividend distribution in crypto from an offshore company

?

Preferably in Europe even better outside EU.

Try wealth management with banks like Citibank, Standard Chartered, DBS, UOB, and OCBC in Singapore and Hong Kong. Hang Seng and HSBC can also work. For greater chance of success, go there in person to open the account.

You'll need to deposit 100,000 – 1,000,000 USD/equivalent within a few weeks of opening the account. Once that's done, transfers to/from reputable exchanges tend to run quite smoothly. Be upfront about the crypto involvement in the application process. With these banks, crypto itself is usually not a dealbreaker. It raises the risk profile a little but they're used to it by now. It's about where the crypto comes from.

If you want within Europe but not EU, check for example Bank Frick, LGT, Cité Gestion, Swissquote, Sygnum, Amina, and Fiat24 in Switzerland and Liechtenstein. Minimums vary.

I know opening bank account of an offshore company is super hard but at least are there some nice street (non EMI) banks that would accept:

- personal account of a non-resident
- money coming from crypto exchanges
- source of money is dividend distribution in crypto from an offshore company

?

Preferably in Europe even better outside EU.
If you have above 300k EUR i would go for Swiss banks such as Swissquote, Sygnum, Amina as advised above

do you have any recommendations for service providers? I'm in georgia and considering exploring the corporate option. would you say its worth it or did you find other jurisdictions work better for you? (i assume you're local)

I'm not a local. Just a tourist who's hung around for a few years.

I'll DM you in the morning about providers here, but keep in mind that while I've discussed making a corporation I chose not to so far.

I'll need to do something soon, but so far I've not taken the corporate route as Georgia is unusually favourable to resident natural persons who trade crypto. And with some exceptions, exchanges are happy to take (the right kind of) local bank statement for address KYC.

Reactions: cardholder
@khinkali do you offer corporate services in georgia?

@cardholder no, I've had meetings with a few providers and worked with a couple.

I don't have any experience of operating a company here, just getting buy as a natural person with exempt income.

do you have any recommendations for service providers? I'm in georgia and considering exploring the corporate option. would you say its worth it or did you find other jurisdictions work better for you? (i assume you're local)

I'm not a local. Just a tourist who's hung around for a few years.

I'll DM you in the morning about providers here, but keep in mind that while I've discussed making a corporation I chose not to so far.

I'll need to do something soon, but so far I've not taken the corporate route as Georgia is unusually favourable to resident natural persons who trade crypto. And with some exceptions, exchanges are happy to take (the right kind of) local bank statement for address KYC.
@cardholder, @khinkali – but mainly @cardholder : You are clearly hijacking the thread. Please, manage this issue in PM or open a new thread dedicated to corporate services in Georgia (in Offshore Company /sub/forum, apparently – I could move your posts there afterwards). One more post here re: this and some force will be used ;)

Reactions: cardholder
Try wealth management with banks like Citibank, Standard Chartered, DBS, UOB, and OCBC in Singapore and Hong Kong. Hang Seng and HSBC can also work. For greater chance of success, go there in person to open the account.

You'll need to deposit 100,000 – 1,000,000 USD/equivalent within a few weeks of opening the account. Once that's done, transfers to/from reputable exchanges tend to run quite smoothly. Be upfront about the crypto involvement in the application process. With these banks, crypto itself is usually not a dealbreaker. It raises the risk profile a little but they're used to it by now. It's about where the crypto comes from.

If you want within Europe but not EU, check for example Bank Frick, LGT, Cité Gestion, Swissquote, Sygnum, Amina, and Fiat24 in Switzerland and Liechtenstein. Minimums vary.
Thank you for this information, it's very useful. As for the deposit, does this typically mean to hold the cash at the bank? Or for them to manage this amount mentioned?

Thank you for this information, it's very useful. As for the deposit, does this typically mean to hold the cash at the bank? Or for them to manage this amount mentioned?
It's usually just measured as total relationship value. It doesn't have to be cash balance. It can often be investments or securities as well, under their or your own management.

Banks in Hong Kong and Singapore are less intrusive than Swiss/Liechtenstein banks when it comes to this.