Our valued sponsor

Cyprus Account Benefits for US Citizen?

allthewayup

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
So my business is ALL online. We get paid by companies all over the world and actually probably very little by any US companies.

My question is if I open a Cyprus corp can I take advantage of the low corp tax even tho I live in US?

or would I have to move there?

Not sure because my accountant says I have to claim worldwide income being a US citizen and I would still end up paying the same amount of taxes no matter where the corp is set up.

sorry for the newbie answer but this still confuses me

thanks!!

My question is if I open a Cyprus corp can I take advantage of the low corp tax even tho I live in US?
FATCA will block for this option since you will get reported by the Cyprus banks! That's the beauty of FATCA :(

Only way around is to setup a anonymous company without a real bank account, you may know what I talk about since you are a Mentor Group member!

Otherwise you will need to establish a real office in Cyprus, with staff, phone, utility supply etc. and have a good US CPA available. That may work but not sure.

Reactions: Richmond
Yeah I believe you will get trouble with your authorities there! FATCA has destroyed almost all "normal" banking options for US citizens!

Yeah I believe you will get trouble with your authorities there! FATCA has destroyed almost all "normal" banking options for US citizens!
I agree with you. Nowadays US citizenship is a problem for offshore business. doh948""
One of the alternatives could be an IBC company with NO public registry, Bearer Shares, Nominee Director and Fiduciary service or an IBC company with NO public registry, Bearer Shares, Nominee Director as Shareholder of an EU company with Fiduciary service.

Reactions: Richmond
@Internationaloff Really? I've thought that banks require the UBO, specifically if there are nominee shareholders. Perhaps you use different banks than I do.
If you use Bearer Shares + Nominee Director or Nominee Shareholder + Nominee Director, the bank knows you as UBO. The alternative is a Fiduciary service (the bank don't know you as UBO).

With a Fiduciary service the customer has the Privacy, but NO access to the bank account.

If you use Bearer Shares + Nominee Director or Nominee Shareholder + Nominee Director, the bank knows you as UBO. The alternative is a Fiduciary service (the bank don't know you as UBO).

With a Fiduciary service the customer has the Privacy, but NO access to the bank account.

How does that work with Fiduciary? If the owner has no access to bank account, just wondering how you move your money?

How does that work with Fiduciary? If the owner has no access to bank account, just wondering how you move your money?
You are using their account and instruct them what to do each time! They will charge transaction fees, monthly fees and what else comes into their mind! It is only something for people with million of $$ and don't do many transactions in a year.

You are using their account and instruct them what to do each time! They will charge transaction fees, monthly fees and what else comes into their mind! It is only something for people with million of $$ and don't do many transactions in a year.
Exactly.
One of the alternatives is a new residency (for example in Panama or UAE).

As mentioned here a few times already! US citizens have no chance any longer to setup any offshore account outside of the USA without to get reported! However, why don't you setup something in the offshore states in the USA i.e. Rhino, Delaware, Nevis and so forth?

As mentioned here a few times already! US citizens have no chance any longer to setup any offshore account outside of the USA without to get reported! However, why don't you setup something in the offshore states in the USA i.e. Rhino, Delaware, Nevis and so forth?

well my hole idea was maybe I can have a cypruss bank account and pay the %12.5 (or whatever the rate of CYP)

my biz set up as of now is, international companies wire money to my company and I end up paying US tax on that
I am based in US and so are my companies (yes I can create companies in the best US states for tax, but it still alot of tax in US)
From what I understand as a US citizen you have to claim worlwide income, so even if i had an account in CYP i would be filing twice and still end up paying the same amount AS LONG AS I LIVE in US.

maybe if I move to Cyprus? that would help? i was wondering if there is a way to be more efficient and still live in US

I do have a EU passport tho, I have dual citizenship btw
thanks for your help guys, im just trying to figure this out and if there is something that cant be said please PM me :)