Our valued sponsor

Cyprus bank account personal open for Indians?

Yes sure you can, as long as you can provide a valid passport or other government issued photo ID and a utility bill not older than 3 months in English (if not in English a notarized utilitybill will be required) there are no problems at all.

Yes, almost all banks have multi currency bank accounts that can be hold in the major currencies ie USD,EUR,GBP etc.

You should have a look at this thread /forum/f15/cyprus-bank-account-do-we-get-debit-card-13476/ which will answer some of your questions ;) Welcome to the CCLOGIC forum:hello:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes all banks offer a Debit card! They don't offer any merchant account or processing payments! You will need to get this service through another bank or with some of the many payment processors out there.

vinjansos said:
Thank you eliasit.
What about Internet Banking can I make Wire Transfer to foreign country like India or do I need to call the bank or send fax?
Yes you can send Wire Transfers directly from your English language e-banking access from where you as well can manage all your day to day banking.

snowbird said:
I don't have a passport can I still apply for a bank account in Cyprus?
If you don't have a passport it is required to have some other valid government issued photo id, be prepared that some banks will required this ID to be notarized and may as well require additional documents from a lawyer.

Most banks offer a Visa or Maestro Debit card! As you mentioned it depends very much on which bank the account is opened with.

Debit card can all be used in ATM's right?
Yes correct

So last question what about monthly fees and wire transfer fees are they expansive and can I withdraw paypal payments to the cyprus bank account?
We learned from another thread here on the forum that PayPal is country specific so you will need some sort of Cyprus VPN/proxy thing to make that happen.

Have a look at this thread /forum/f2/solution-paypal-13380/

Also you can't add a Cyprus bank account to Paypal without a company or at least some Virtual office in Cyprus, paypal will reject or close your account.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aliza beth
With the right VPN provider it is not an issue. If they find you cheating them you will get you account closed (I assume that will be the case, never tried it) !

Latest Threads