Our valued sponsor

Cyprus, Ukraine Agree To Replace Temporary DTA

dany

Offshore Agent
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
From what I read below it is good news to all in the Ukraine that want freedom to European trading and don't want to huge tax burden there.

Cyprus and Ukraine have agreed the text of a double tax agreement that will likely replace their existing pact from January 1, 2019.

The deal will newly include a most favored nation (MFN) clause for taxes on interest, dividends, royalties, and capital gains. This clause ensures that Cyprus will be extended equal treatment should Ukraine introduce more favorable terms in double tax agreements with other nations.

The Cypriot Government said the signed Protocol will come into force not earlier than January 1, 2019, when the existing Convention, which entered into force on January 1, 2014, will expire.

That's actually great news.

That means that if you live in the Ukraine you can avoid to pay tax there if you pay in Cyprus is that correct? please let me know more details if possible I have to get this confirmed.

Most of the Baltic countries are depending of the rest of European countries so they will try to do everything they can to make the EU feel comfortable with them. The question is if they really get signed these DTA, AIS and what else they promise to sign, and if so, how many will they sign!

Reactions: negon
Its a great news for the people who already have companies on Cyprus and those who wanted to make their own company as well. Cyprus' government is always making big moves to improve their economy that's why I believe they will survive and last for long decade of years.

Latest Threads