I have Accounts on

Binance (Malta EU ?)
Kraken (EU/USA
Bitget (Signatpur)
KuCoin (Offshore)
Bitfinex (Offshore)
Pionex (Signapur)
Bitstamp (EU/UK)

All with KYC, but not all with address confirmation, only ID card and face photo.

I am considering having some accounts deleted or deactivated due to the expected new EU laws ?

Not all that easy

However, I have decided not to register an EU or German stock exchange like
Bitvavo
BDSEX or Bison
There are some structures available that could enable you to keep accounts at the exchanges but benefit from the exemption of reporting.

To provide an example:
The CRS amendments allow for an optional new “Non-Reporting Financial Institution” category for genuine non-profit entities if they satisfy certain conditions and undergo adequate verification procedures by tax authorities.

Representatives from the philanthropy sector have highlighted that this can lead to highly undesirable outcomes, requiring genuine public benefit foundations to apply due diligence procedures in respect of all beneficiaries of grant payments and report on grant payments to non-resident beneficiaries, such as for instance disadvantaged students receiving scholarships. At the same time, concerns have been expressed by governments that simply extending the carve-out from the Investment Entity definition to all non-profit Entities could give rise to situations where Investment Entities would circumvent their reporting obligations under the CRS by improperly claiming the status of non-profit Entities.

• Wow
Reactions: jafo
Has DAC-8 now come into force in the EU?
Reporting crypto holdings to the German tax office from 2026 ?

I was actually planning to buy and hold crypto on a German or EU exchange.
It surprises me that they have managed to get it through and systematized already by 2026 - I must say it makes it less attractive to hold onto one's cryptocurrencies - the only thing that comforts me is that if you use some of these many anonymous wallets that still exist, they can't use that reporting for much.

Moreover, the tax law still applies in Germany, if you buy 1 bitcoin and leave it untouched for 1 year, then the profit on it is tax-free. So, in this respect, Germans do have an advantage compared to many high-tax countries when they introduce the same system.

Reactions: jafo