Our valued sponsor

Do I Have to Add a Credit Card or Bank Account to Use Paypal?

vinraff

Offshore Agent
Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for asking, but is it true that I have to connect at least one credit card or bank account so I can start using Paypal? I signed up for an account just a couple of hours ago, but just after I was able to fill up my details and hit the submit button, I directed to a page saying I needed to add either a credit card or bank account.

Reactions: Moh1
You may be able to use your account without a bank account or credit card attached, but you can't withdraw money without! Also for verification purpose paypal sometimes require you to have at least a bank account add to your paypal account.

You can still receive money from other people. The credit card is used so that you can be able to withdraw your money from the site. If you can link your bank or credit card, then be sure to have no issues.

Hi Vinraff,

First of all, welcome to CcLogic.com! I hope you're enjoying your stay here, so far. Regarding your question - well, technically speaking, you don't. You simply have to fill up the registration form with the accurate details, confirm your e-mail address and that's about it. :)

Adding a credit card or bank account is completely optional.

Although eventually, you would need to connect one to your account so you could transfer funds in between your Paypal account and your card or bank account.

Hope this answers your question!

Feel free to let us know if you have any more concerns.

Have a good day,

- Blue

You may be able to use your account without a bank account or credit card attached' date=' but you can't withdraw money without! Also for verification purpose paypal sometimes require you to have at least a bank account add to your paypal account.[/quote']
How does verifying Paypal with a bank account work? Is the procedure similar to verifying our account with a debit / credit card?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you get a prepaid debit card, you can use the checking account routing number and account number that is associated with the debit card. All prepaid debit cards are issued through checking accounts that are attached to those cards. If you call the number on the back of your debit card, they will give you your checking account number and routing number to complete your PP sign up.

Latest Threads