Our valued sponsor

EMI and CRS

numibo

Oct 9, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone, I live in Italy, for a few years I have been using 4/5 EMI (IBAN IT, BE etc,) to receive around 5k each per year. I think the taxman is very busy hunting down real tax evaders to think of a poor freelancer like me making a living. But every now and then I have doubts. With these EMIs and these figures can they come to bother me? In your opinion, what percentage chance do I have of being devoured by the tax authorities?

Hi everyone, I live in Italy, for a few years I have been using 4/5 EMI (IBAN IT, BE etc,) to receive around 5k each per year. I think the taxman is very busy hunting down real tax evaders to think of a poor freelancer like me making a living. But every now and then I have doubts. With these EMIs and these figures can they come to bother me? In your opinion, what percentage chance do I have of being devoured by the tax authorities?
If you are evading taxes then we can be pulled into a conspiracy.

The only information / confirmation you can get is direct with the EMI, EMIs usually bank within a major bank so chances are if one doesn’t then the other does.

I don’t know the laws in Italy but usually you are allowed in the UK anyway - gift or income allowance tax free before tax commences or capital gains tax free amount.

Chances are based on your reporting they believe it to be one of those dependent on what information they have if similar in Italy - best therefore to determine whether it is taxable and if so come clean - Goverments are looking for examples and you would make a great example to the general populace as someone like them.

Reactions: Forester and jafo
@numibo:
1) Tax evasion is illegal and also ineffective – the cash you save is paid by your doubts and stress you encounter.
2) Read e.g. this EMI without CRS and further on.
3) You have alll the time an option to move to a country with more friendly tax regime.