Our valued sponsor

Expedite US LLC Registration

OnTheFly

Feb 12, 2024
Estonia
Visit site
Hey there!
I'm a EU citizen, currently in the process of registering a FZ in the UAE. I need to open a US LLC for payment processing etc, but it apparently takes a month or two to get an ITIN to be able to get the EIN for the company.
Any idea of how to avoid this waiting period ? Thank you!

Go to Fiverr and there are tons of people who can help you with EIN. And you don't need ITIN.

But for you information, the majors payment processors like Stripe allow UAE companies.
thanks for your input, from what i understand, you either need an SSN (if US citizen) or an ITIN (if non-US citizen), and then receive an EIN (that is tied to the US LLC). I need to actually get a company, using someone's EIN that isn't tied to my company won't help i think. I also know about Stripe in UAE (although higher fees in UAE), but i also need US banking for my own purposes, i might look into UK LLP / LTD's if they are faster to register though, i have UK nationality (but need to get my passport done).

ITIN not required for EIN. You can submit EIN form through FAX (for non-residents) and then call them, they will generate the EIN over the phone and ask them to fax the EIN to a Fax Number of your choice.

thanks for your input, from what i understand, you either need an SSN (if US citizen) or an ITIN (if non-US citizen), and then receive an EIN (that is tied to the US LLC). I need to actually get a company, using someone's EIN that isn't tied to my company won't help i think. I also know about Stripe in UAE (although higher fees in UAE), but i also need US banking for my own purposes, i might look into UK LLP / LTD's if they are faster to register though, i have UK nationality (but need to get my passport done).

It takes 8-10 days for NON-US resident to get EIN. 1-2 days is if you have citizenship or something.

ITIN not required for EIN. You can submit EIN form through FAX (for non-residents) and then call them, they will generate the EIN over the phone and ask them to fax the EIN to a Fax Number of your choice.

I am not a US citizen. And I got an EIN in 24 hours.
This issue is a little bit more complicated – see the discussion here USA: Getting an EIN / an ITIN.
I will post there the results of my research as I promised here USA: Getting an EIN / an ITIN in the near future but for now, just to make a longer story short
– yes, technically you do not need an ITIN to get an EIN;
– EIN you can get in a very short time by phone if you are abroad, immediately (on-line) if you are in the U.S.;
– however, if you want e.g. to open a bank account for the company, you (if you are a director or declared UBO) will be asked for your ITIN sooner or later and it can happen well that until you have ITIN everything is stopped;
– to get an ITIN, it is really at least a month or two.

This issue is a little bit more complicated – see the discussion here USA: Getting an EIN / an ITIN.
I will post there the results of my research as I promised here USA: Getting an EIN / an ITIN in the near future but for now, just to make a longer story short
– yes, technically you do not need an ITIN to get an EIN;
– EIN you can get in a very short time by phone if you are abroad, immediately (on-line) if you are in the U.S.;
– however, if you want e.g. to open a bank account for the company, you (if you are a director or declared UBO) will be asked for your ITIN sooner or later and it can happen well that until you have ITIN everything is stopped;
– to get an ITIN, it is really at least a month or two.

I'll be clearer.

I have an LLC. I got the EIN 24 hours after forming the company 3 years ago, but recently a friend did the same process, and also got the EIN the same way (Fiverr providers).

I use Mercury as a bank. No problems since I opened it (a long time ago).

The only things that banks in the United States asked me to open a bank account were my passport, company documentation, EIN, and an address in the USA. And travel there to carry out the process. Nothing else.

Even if ITIN is neccesary (for Mercury don't and for a lot of banks too), open first account with EMI using EIN and wait 2 months for ITIN. I don't see any problem.

I'll be clearer.

I have an LLC. I got the EIN 24 hours after forming the company 3 years ago, but recently a friend did the same process, and also got the EIN the same way (Fiverr providers).
Yes, pretty possible.
I use Mercury as a bank. No problems since I opened it (a long time ago).

The only things that banks in the United States asked me to open a bank account were my passport, company documentation, EIN, and an address in the USA. And travel there to carry out the process. Nothing else.
Times are changing, unfortunately. However, if you are able to visit a bank in person (it was not mentioned before), then yes, you probably will not be asked for ITIN for a remarkable time.
Even if ITIN is neccesary (for Mercury don't and for a lot of banks too), open first account with EMI using EIN and wait 2 months for ITIN. I don't see any problem.
Yes, why not :)

Reactions: baltic7