Our valued sponsor

Incorporation in Taiwan, anyone?

I'd only consider it if you plan on doing business in Taiwan. For international business, there's hardly any benefit over Singapore or even Hong Kong.

Because it's not as popular internationally, you don't have the same wide selection of service providers with websites in English. But there are some larger international firms present there, such as Ecovis, Vistra, and BDO.

If you want more of a local/regional provider, there's Kaizen (ByCPA). They're HK based but they do Taiwan as well.

Yes the purpose is to conduct local business. I am told by some service provider that a limited company requires a Taiwan resident shareholder and a Branch company would not be able to issue invoices... I find both a bit weird and I could not find reference of this anywhere.

I don't believe having a local shareholder is a legal requirement but it might be something that facilitates bank account opening or ease of doing business locally. For non-resident directors, you'd usually appoint a local proxy to act on your behalf, though.

Much like Hong Kong and Macao, Taiwan is full of CPAs that can probably guide you (plus the ones I already mentioned): https://www.roccpa.org.tw/eng/

I'd only consider it if you plan on doing business in Taiwan. For international business, there's hardly any benefit over Singapore or even Hong Kong.

Because it's not as popular internationally, you don't have the same wide selection of service providers with websites in English. But there are some larger international firms present there, such as Ecovis, Vistra, and BDO.

If you want more of a local/regional provider, there's Kaizen (ByCPA). They're HK based but they do Taiwan as well.
A partner of my customer, has offshore bank accounts in Taiwan with a representative office there (look like Taiwanese company), the real company is incorporated somewhere in Caribean. But I cannot obtain much information for forming that structure in Taiwan and we definitely need a local introducer to the bank and must fly there to talk with the banker. Do you know any local introducer/agent who can do that, @Sols? Thanks

Latest Threads