Our valued sponsor

Investment company - bank account

charly

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
I find challenging opening bank account for offshore company (cayman< BVI) dealing with investment (equity, futures & derivatives). I tried UK,HK and Singapore but apparently those are no longer the right place when involved with derivatives or not being retail.
I looked at worldcore and equivalent - the cost is not attractive and most of counterparty requires payment to be issued by company account (not intermediary account or internal account of intermediary).
True to say some banks also works but are $$ beyond reason and the KYC is super strict (requesting license that I do not need).
Any recent experience to share on this ?

It is a real bank but the role is essentially transactions as little balance remains on the account (KYC and AML are no problem) - as much as possible, all is invested or ready to be invested. And this is not for third party - it is private investment.
The "real" means essentially current account with name of my company on it as a client - been confirmed again that worldcore is a no go. But it looks like the problem can be solved if I apply for license from regulator even though I do not need it.

One issue I had with Euro pacific is : they wanted the account but also the brokerage - full package but they were not all at all attractive.
For the Emi, I did not know there were so many. Worldcore is a no go as the business name does not appear, some French ones do not deal with Cayman - only French incorporated company. But I will dig this list further. Cyprus added to the list ! thank you

Reactions: crownblown and hiju
I assume they want to protect themselves from compliance question later but as soon as I mention the words "futures" and "derivatives", this is a complete different story. Usually officers I have talked give me the impression of not being the good person to talk to in the first place. It s very difficult to mention private investment after that without looking suspicious. Another question is why our bank : fee is one, time zone is 2, the fact that your bank could say yes while others said no so far is unfortunately not an appropriate option.
So that brings me to Cyprus : no reply so far when I emailed and called. Would you recommend to use an "introducer" for them ? And if I use one, what is the standard - fee per bank or success fee ?

So that brings me to Cyprus : no reply so far when I emailed and called. Would you recommend to use an "introducer" for them ? And if I use one, what is the standard - fee per bank or success fee ?
It is not possible to apply for a bank account in Cyprus without introducer. They will also not answer any questions but always tell you to contact an introducer!

You may contact offshorecorpgroup.com and ask them, they are just one of many that can do the job. But be prepared for some long process to get the account opened.

Latest Threads