Our valued sponsor

Ireland company vs Cyprus company formation what you think is best?

Ireland Company or Cyprus company for small Internet business?

• Total voters
It is very difficult to get a FX license in Cyprus, you need at least EUR 1M in real capital for paid in share capital, office, office supply, staff, servers, certificate, license and so on. takes aprox 6 - 9 months to get such established.
Do you have estimated costs ?

I just want to mention, there is a withholding tax of 20% on dividends for those who are fiscal residents in a country with no Double tax agreement with Ireland.
Dividend Withholding Tax - General Information Leaflet

Don't forget Ireland is an onshore country, if you live in Europe, 100% of the dividends you declared in Ireland should be declared in your EU country because a system that will start in september 2017, will check if the dividends you have declared in your own EU country is the same as in Ireland.

In order to get the Withholding tax exemption you need either a Certificate of residency from your own tax authorities or you can get the irish DWT exemption form stamped by your tax authorities.
For me a Irish Company would work great also with these double tax treties with my country. However, what I think is that we need to know how we can open a bank account for this Company in Ireland!

If Cyprus was the only place for businesses in Europe for good tax planning and IP protection then all would be there. Fact is that more and more businesses incorporating in Ireland compared to Cyprus even more in Ireland than Cyprus!

What does it tells you?

Reactions: negon
If Cyprus was the only place for businesses in Europe for good tax planning and IP protection then all would be there. Fact is that more and more businesses incorporating in Ireland compared to Cyprus even more in Ireland than Cyprus!

What does it tells you?
It tells me that not all doing wise decisions hap¤#"

Reactions: pesto
I have a Cyprus company now but also go for a Irish company formation in January for a second setup. It don't hurt to have more legs to stand on!

What do you think is required to get a merchant account for a Cyprus company if I can't get the nominees passport and utilitybill when I apply for an account?

I'm struggling with the perfect solution to get offshore company, privacy & merchant account in a package?