Our valued sponsor

Moneybooker's merchant account for face-to-face payments

TwoFaces

Offshore Agent
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I would be grateful for any advice on the following:

1). Is the ID for direct merchant account (for use with point-of-sale terminal) in the same format as online merchant account?

2). The reason I'm asking the above question is that assuming if we have an online merchant account with one of the processors such as Moneybookers, can we reprogramme our existing POS terminal and have face-to-face transactions, but the money goes into our moneybooker's account instead of our business current account?

3). With a moneybooker's merchant account, can we take face-to-face payment? How is that done? Do we manually enter client's card numbers and have it processed that way? FYI, we do not conduct any online business. All our services are face-to-face with clients physically present at our premises. We need a way to process their payments (either credit or debit cards or both). Better still we would like to be able to then withdraw the funds to our Cyprus corporate bank account.

Thanks in advance for your advice!!

Moneybookers is total different from a Merchant account and you can't use the MB / Skrill account for POS Terminal transactions.

You may want to post this in a different forum to get better replies.. I have reported the post for you so Admin may move it accordantly :)

FYI: Moneybookers is a e-wallet / e-currency like PayPal, a Merchant Account is processing of credit cards.

You may want to post this in a different forum to get better replies.. I have reported the post for you so Admin may move it accordantly :)
Not sure about this. You may simply open a new thread here How to Accept Credit Card Payments since I agree with Jpay, the question is more for Merchant account needs and questions.

Last edited:
Should be noted that Moneybookers does offer creditcard processing (yes real processing via XML API, with your own billing descriptor) . A virtual terminal is possible to process cards manually, but for POS transactions you will be better suited with another solution.

Well, Moneybookers has still not POS Terminal (I assume you know what POS stands for right?, Point of Sale, details can be found here Point of sale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) further Moneybookers / Skrill don't and will not offer any MID (I assume you know what a MID is, it's merchant identification number) where the merchant registeres with a bank directtly and where the merchant is known by Visa and Mastercard.

Moneybookers is a e-Wallet and not a MAP which stands for Merchant Account Provider.

Huh? I never claimed Moneybookers offered merchant accounts and i never said they offered POS solutions - actually i wrote that the OP would be better suited with another solution for POS.

Did you actually read my post before you replied? Just wondering...

CaptainJack said:
Huh? I never claimed Moneybookers offered merchant accounts and i never said they offered POS solutions - actually i wrote that the OP would be better suited with another solution for POS.
Did you actually read my post before you replied? Just wondering...
Agree, sorry for that, just wanted to clarify since I got confused so I was thinking that others may be as well. Good to see that your awake thumbups

CaptainJack said:
Should be noted that Moneybookers does offer creditcard processing (yes real processing via XML API, with your own billing descriptor) . A virtual terminal is possible to process cards manually, but for POS transactions you will be better suited with another solution.
Thanks CaptainJack. Would you kindly clarify the following please:

1) When you said 'a virtual terminal is possible to process cards MANUALLY', did you mean we can input client's card details and take payment? Do we need to input other details such as billing address and etc as if the client is making an online purchase?

2) Most credit/debit cards now require 3D secure verification when making online purchase. If we input card details MANUALLY, will it trigger the 3D Secure verification process? (Don't get me wrong. We will not process card transaction in abcense of our clients. My concern is that not every person knows their 3D Secure password. Also it will look odd if we have to turn the computer screen around and let them input their password!)

Thanks again.

I don't think this is possible any longer, best would be to approach the payment processor directly. As you mentioned, most are requiring 3d secure which makes it impossible to use a Virtual Terminal as we know it from the good old days.

TwoFaces,

1) Yes, anually input the card details along with billing address (i'm not sure if address was a requirement or optional, their API documentation didn't mention but i assume required)

2) Cards doesn't require 3D secure, the processing solution / merchant decides this. So this shouldn't be a problem :)

Hope that answered it :)

Latest Threads