Our valued sponsor

nbill.co.uk goes out of business!!

blowfish

Corporate Services
Business Angel
Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately I got the e-mail a few days ago that nbill is going out of business, I have been using them since the last 3 years with success, it's one of the best billing plug ins for joomla at all and that I have found to archive all my needs.

Read below:

Due to ever dwindling sales, and the fact that I have been offered a full time position, I regret to inform you that development and support for nBill is coming to an end.
In order to ensure that nobody who relies on nBill is left in the lurch, I will be making the full source code available to everyone who has purchased nBill and currently has an active license key for it. This will mean that you will be able to continue using nBill indefinitely if you wish, without requiring a license key (the license agreement is still in effect though, so you will not be able to re-distribute the software to others legally). As the software will not be kept up-to-date though, unless you have access to PHP development skills, it would be advisable to consider migrating to another system which is actively supported.

Whilst it is possible that the project could be resurrected at some point in the future, general support for nBill will cease at the end of this month (October 2015). From November onwards, I will not be able to attend to support tickets, however, I will keep the [email protected] email address running for several months so that anyone who faces a serious issue can still get in touch with me (responses will of course have to be made outside normal office hours in such a case, and general help regarding how to use nBill will no longer be provided). I will also keep the nBill Help website] online for several months at least.

Within the next few days, I will release version 3.2.0 of nBill, which will be the final version. There are a few minor bug fixes in this version, and it is the version that will be made available with full source code to those who currently have an active license key. If you wish to receive the source code, please login at nbill.co.uk and make sure that your contact e-mail address is up-to-date on the My Profile page, as I will be contacting you using that address. If you have not heard from me by Monday 19th October, and you have a valid license key, please contact me using the helpdesk.

If you have recently purchased a license for nBill and would like a refund INSTEAD OF receiving the full source code, please contact me immediately.

If you are using our hosted service, you will also be given the opportunity to obtain the full source code for nBill, and you should receive a separate notification by e-mail, including further instructions on transferring your account to another provider. If your hosted account is on our UK server, we can transfer your account directly to a new supplier, and details of this will be included in our e-mail to you.

If you are using version 2 of nBill, I will not be providing the full source code for that because I do not have time to remove the licensing restrictions from it (and very few people still use it anyway), but you will be able to upgrade to version 3.2.0 free of charge, and will be given access to the full source code for that version.

I would like to thank you for all the support and many positive comments I have received about nBill over the years - it does seem to have been well loved by those who took the time to get to know it.

Russell Walker.
source: http://www.nbill.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3410.0.html

What you think chances are that someone pick up the free source version and built a new business around it and continues the development of this great software? I really feel sad about a product and service like this just going out of business like that.

Latest Threads