Our valued sponsor

Nominee Director - should i do it?

alx said:
- should i do it?
No. I would be extremely suspicious if someone asked me if I wanted to be a nominee, when I had no idea about these basic questions.

alx said:
- what are the risks?
Unless there are legal documents that safeguard you from harm, you become liable for everything that company does. If the company commits fraud, money laundering, or other criminal activities, you are the one risking jail time.

alx said:
- what should i be careful about?
Everything. Don't do it. Leave it to professional nominees, who know how to protect themselves.

I agree, don't do that unless you know the person who is asking and the exact business activity.!

Zqq said:
No. I would be extremely suspicious if someone asked me if I wanted to be a nominee, when I had no idea about these basic questions.
Unless there are legal documents that safeguard you from harm, you become liable for everything that company does. If the company commits fraud, money laundering, or other criminal activities, you are the one risking jail time.

Everything. Don't do it. Leave it to professional nominees, who know how to protect themselves.
I am extremely suspicious, and i am not sure if to do it or not.

There are some legal documents in the middle that state that i am only a nominee director and nothing more, also they state that i will give the power of signature to someone else and that they are liable in case of criminal usage or fraud.

Admin said:
I agree, don't do that unless you know the person who is asking and the exact business activity.!
I know the person who is asking and i know why they are asking (real estate)

Well, if you want the opinion of two people experienced in this area - don't do it. The risks are significant, unless you take time to seek proper legal advice. It's a legal minefield and there's a reason nominees are qualified professionals who usually live in offshore jurisdictions.

In my opinion if you really trust the person who asked you to be a nominee director you should do it, but also make sure you get big fat money for that...jajajajajaja

If you do not know at all about the business then my real answer will NOT TO DO IT! It is very risky.