Our valued sponsor

Offshore Company for Forex Signal Provider

ForexSignals

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,

I’m a professional Forex trader with more than 8 years of experience trading the markets and I'm interested in starting an offshore company that will be selling trade signals (Forex currency market, Global Indexes and Commodities) as well as selling market analysis to my subscriber via my own website. I intend the website to be owned by the offshore company. Basically the subscribers will be paying a monthly subscription fee of around $149.99 in exchange for my trade recommendations.

The hustle and the amount of pain in opening a company in my home country (an EU country) is very demanding and on top of that, the company can be subject to an insane amount of taxes so I was thinking that an offshore company will be the best solution taking in consideration the domain of activity of my company.

My main concerns and some of the things I’m looking to achieve are as follows:
1.I need to know what is the best offshore jurisdiction for my needs? Basically, I need a jurisdiction that will NOT require me any licenses to be able to sell trade signals.

2.Needs to be cost Effective; low admin fee; No income tax or as low as possible.

3.Need to be in a jurisdiction that has a tax treaty with my home country to avoid double taxation.

4.VAT concerns: If my company is non-EU resident, do I still have to charge my EU customers the VAT? I’ve read that each country has a different VAT threshold and you’re not required to charge VAT unless you sell more than that VAT threshold, is this correct? Also, I want to ask if my offshore company will be subject to the VAT tax since I’m not selling any physical goods I’m selling a service in the form of trade recommendation, so is this category subject to the VAT tax? If I have to charge a VAT for my EU customers how is this process done? Do I need a receipt book and cut a receipt for each purchase of my service every month or the online invoices are all I need? I’ve read somewhere that some payment gateways can do this automatically and they will send the VAT automatically to each EU country I have customers.

5.Is it true that many countries consider the country where the REAL management takes place as the taxation country and not the fiscal paradise where the company is domiciliated? So, if that is the case I have to report the profits on my home country? Many European countries consider the country where the REAL management takes place as the taxation country and not the fiscal paradise where the company is domiciled (the mind and management rule). If this is the case, then an offshore company would be useless. So, my question is how you can legally circumvent this rule? Does simply having a nominee director resident in the offshore jurisdiction will be enough? Or do you need a much complex structure?

6.Do I need a tax exemption certificate?

7.The offshore firm needs to have its own PayPal account in order to receive payments from sales made through our company website. Payments will be made through PayPal or credit card. The only reason I’m asking about PayPal is because I’ve read somewhere over the internet that PayPal is not accepting accounts from offshore firms and I’m not quite sure if this is entirely true. To be clear, it is about the possibility to make withdrawals from PayPal into your offshore bank account, via credit/debit card.

8.The offshore firm needs to have its own PayPal account in order to receive payments from sales made through our company website. Payments will be made through PayPal or credit card. The only reason I’m asking about PayPal is because I’ve read somewhere over the internet that PayPal is not accepting accounts from offshore firms and I’m not quite sure if this is entirely true. To be clear, it is about the possibility to make withdrawals from PayPal into your offshore bank account, via credit/debit card. So I'll need a jurisdiction that is accepted by PayPal.

9.What do you guys think about Dubai jurisdiction? As far as I see it has a strong reputation, but what drawbacks it has.

From a legal stand point of view I want to make sure that I comply with the law, that’s my number one priority.

I have to mention that I had never run a business before and I’m still trying to learn the ins and outs. I’m also in the process of finding some advice from a financial advisor from my home country to see what legal obligations I have in the case I own an offshore company. As far as I read if I earn dividends from an offshore company I’m subject to a 5% tax + 5% health tax if this is my primary source of income, so a total of 10% income tax which I’m comfortable paying it.

Thank you or your time. And I’m looking forward to hearing back from you. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
PS: Please pardon my ignorance on this subject, but I’m still learning myself about all the matters surrounding an offshore company.

Dubai / UAE would be a great idea for your business. I know it is very costly to setup and the administration costs is also high. So it will depend on what your expected profits are if that is the right way to go for you.

You are mentioning paypal as a mandatory payment method for your customers, would 2checkout work for you?

Since it is only a service you are selling and you don't take money for investment purpose you won't need a license, that's I'm already pretty sure about.

What is your budget to setup a offshore company since you consider Dubai / UAE corps ?

Dubai / UAE would be a great idea for your business. I know it is very costly to setup and the administration costs is also high. So it will depend on what your expected profits are if that is the right way to go for you.

You are mentioning paypal as a mandatory payment method for your customers, would 2checkout work for you?

Since it is only a service you are selling and you don't take money for investment purpose you won't need a license, that's I'm already pretty sure about.

What is your budget to setup a offshore company since you consider Dubai / UAE corps ?

My budget is around $3000 to setup the offshore company+bank account.

My expected gross profits for the first year of running the business will be around $50k. I'm looking in 2-3 years time frame to grow the business up to $150k-$250k

Reactions: I'mRobot
I don't know about UAE setups but they are pretty expensive, for instant there is some provider here UAE (RAK, Dubai) Company Formation - $450 offshore, $2.950 Free Zone. Leading UAE Firm. website looks shady so you better find some other agent but as an example it my be useful.

As I have read from other people here on the forum they move to Dubai when they consider to establish their business there.

Can you use 2checkout rather then a direct PayPal account ? If so, that would extend the range of jurisdictions available for your setup. PayPal is going to be the most complicated here and when we speak offshore corps.

I don't know about UAE setups but they are pretty expensive, for instant there is some provider here UAE (RAK, Dubai) Company Formation - $450 offshore, $2.950 Free Zone. Leading UAE Firm. website looks shady so you better find some other agent but as an example it my be useful.

As I have read from other people here on the forum they move to Dubai when they consider to establish their business there.

Can you use 2checkout rather then a direct PayPal account ? If so, that would extend the range of jurisdictions available for your setup. PayPal is going to be the most complicated here and when we speak offshore corps.

Dubai is just an options I'm also looking into better alternatives if they do exist. I'm also seriously considering to move and get a residency in a low income tax country and move my fiscal residency there but due to personal reasons I can accomplish this only after 2018.

I've read that 2checkout has added PayPal to their recurring billing options, but I'm not sure how this is done. However their fees are much higher then PayPal fees so that's the reason why I favor PayPal. I guess I'll have to speak with both PayPal and 2checkout before establishing my Offshore company and see what jurisdictions and company structure can work with them.

Yes you may want to do some research on the payment processing available for your setup. There are so many that maybe you kind find something that can fit in.

For sure 2co is more expensive compared to use paypal direct. But with 2co you can use for instant a Belize company so you want have to pay corporate tax which will make up the additional costs to use them.

I'll appreciate if someone knowledgeable can chime in and give me some inputs on my 9 bullet points from the 1st post.

The more I dig into it and the more research I do the more I realize how complicated it can be to establish a fully operational and running Offshore company. I'll add one more bullet point to my 1st post:

10: Merchant account - How to obtain and qualify for a merchant account? As far as I understand it's mandatory to have a merchant account in order to be able to accept payment cards. So my question is what is the best solution to get a merchant account. I've read that some payment gateway processors offers merchant accounts as well and there are two types of merchant account(dedicated and aggregated). What is the best solution between the two types of merchant accounts? Secondly, if your payment gateway process doesn't give you a merchant account than how you can obtain one?

Thank you for your time.

6.Do I need a tax exemption certificate?

7.The offshore firm needs to have its own PayPal account in order to receive payments from sales made through our company website. Payments will be made through PayPal or credit card. The only reason I’m asking about PayPal is because I’ve read somewhere over the internet that PayPal is not accepting accounts from offshore firms and I’m not quite sure if this is entirely true. To be clear, it is about the possibility to make withdrawals from PayPal into your offshore bank account, via credit/debit card.
You don't need that certificate if you setup the company for instant outside of Europe.

On the other hand if you do so you won't get a PayPal account easily!!

After doing some research about some alternative payment gateways I've stumbled upon Braintree which it seems has been acquired by Paypal and seems to have reasonable fees of only 1.9%+€0,30. They accept payments from PayPal, Apple Pay, Android Pay, Venmo, and even Coinbase (bitcoin) as well as traditional online payments. Does anyone has any experience with them?

I'll try to contact them and see if they accept the type of business I'm trying to do. I'll keep you posted

Braintree is widely known to be a great payment processor. They have as many negative reviews as PayPal, however, I believe that they comefrom merchant that did process stuff which was accepted by Braintree!

Check what countries they accept so you may be able to get further.

That's really cheap. Is this only processing for US companies or also for Europe?

Quick question regarding the EU VAT as I'm still confused about whether or not all companies(no matter of their jurisdiction) that sell digital goods to EU costumers need to charge VAT right away? ...........or, you're only supposed to charge the VAT if you sell above a certain threshold (varies between EU countries)?

I'm correct to assume that the EU distance selling VAT thresholds rules only apply for e-commerce sellers to consumers?

I'm confused about it because I've read on many places that after January 2015 all companies that sells to EU costumers need to register for VAT without taking in consideration any VAT thresholds.