Our valued sponsor

Registering a company in Singapore or Hong Kong. Which residency to file?

bibing

May 7, 2017
Visit site
Let's say you incorporate a company in either Singapore or Hong Kong.
- You have citizenship in country A (EU)

Can You declare to the register You have residency in country B (Thailand or Philippines for example)?

Yes I know this is illegal and asks for trouble but how can SG or HK find out you are not actually a resident of country B? Or even that you are not anymore a resident of country B because in the while you didn't renew your residency etc.
The same questions would apply to banks. You go to the bank and give them your passport of country A, then tell them (they will asks because of CRS) that you are a resident of country B. How a SG or HK bank can know I'm not a resident of country B?

Thanks to those who had experience with this and might share their experience.

Let's say you incorporate a company in either Singapore or Hong Kong.
- You have citizenship in country A (EU)

Can You declare to the register You have residency in country B (Thailand or Philippines for example)?

Yes I know this is illegal and asks for trouble but how can SG or HK find out you are not actually a resident of country B? Or even that you are not anymore a resident of country B because in the while you didn't renew your residency etc.
The same questions would apply to banks. You go to the bank and give them your passport of country A, then tell them (they will asks because of CRS) that you are a resident of country B. How a SG or HK bank can know I'm not a resident of country B?

Thanks to those who had experience with this and might share their experience.
you will have to hand in residency visa and other papers from your residency.

No, they never ask for a proof. Normally, it is the registration agent which wants an address proof in form of a bank statement. You then just take the one which you like.

Also, please note that it sometimes happens to me that when I open a bank account, they also ask for the tax id number of my citizenship. Hence, they will also do the CRS report to that country. If you do not live there or your country does not rely on taxation of those reports, you are fine. If you happen to be tax resident there and reported income (interest in the case of banks) is taxable, you will get into troubles.

But just among us, it should not be too hard to invest in a visa somewhere just to have the CRS reporting there.

Reactions: TheCryptoAnt

Latest Threads