Our valued sponsor

Review on xapo.com debit card & kraken.com please

predator

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I have read a lot about the exchanger http://www.kraken.com but can't find anything bad about them. Before I send them lots of my hard earned cash I would like to know if someone knows this service and if we can trust it?

Another service I found seems to be exactly the missing link I have been looking for since some time, it is the debit card from Bitcoin Debit Card - Xapo where we can load with BitCoin and withdraw in real money in stores, ATM's and many other places. Seems to be a real anonymous way to get money in cash...

Does some has input to one or both of these services please?

Reactions: negon and JohnLocke
For Xapo.com this sounds pretty cool:

Standard Limits
ATM Transactions per Day 2 2 2
Amount per Withdrawal $200 €200 £160
Total Withdrawals per Day $400 €400 £320
Lifetime Withdrawals * $1,000 €1,000 £800
Lifetime Spending Limit * $2,500 €2,500 £2,000
*Once you’ve reached the maximum allowed lifetime limits, you must upgrade to continue using your card.

Upgraded Limits
- No more lifetime limits!

ATM Transactions per Day 2 2 2
Amount per Withdrawal $1,000 €1,000 £800
Total Withdrawals per Day $2,000 €2,000 £1,600
Amount per Purchase $10,000 €10,000 £8,000
Maximum Spending per Day $20,000 €20,000 £16,000

Wonder what they mean by Upgrade if it is that you just have to verfify your account if so it's cool. Will send them a ticket now to find out :)

Thanks OP for the hint, seems to be a missing link.

Reactions: JohnLocke
Found this link http://bitreview.com/wallet/xapo they don't get the best reviews but also not a review that they they are a SCAM or Fraud! It is more like the reviews PayPal get which I personally can live with.

In matters to upgrade the account they wrote this:
The Upgrading of limits requires submission of proof of identification and address.
which I believe is not a problem for you @auric ;)

Bottom Line
We could be looking at a future titan of the digital currency market. Xapo combines insured, bank-grade savings account security with easy access and usability for spending cash. We would like to see bitcoin's status as cost-free interlocutor between currencies leveraged for lower debit card fees. Keep an eye on Xapo's actions in Mr. Casares' home country of Argentina, where Xapo has disruptive potential.

Hope it helps!

Xapo.com
As soon as you load the account with bitcoins / EUR or USD they ask for verification :D

When you want to order the debit card you will have to provide your documents to get it lifted. So f**k privacy in this system. However, what I noticed is that we can choose a different address to get the card to which takes aprox 25 days to receive.

I completed the entire process just to test now we will see if and when the card will arrive ;)

Ordered my card with Xapo today will see how this works. You are right they require full documentation i.e. passport copy and utility bill for verification purpose.

Yep got the same message:

Hi there,

Thanks for providing your information! We will need some time to review it before you can have full functionality of your Xapo account. You will be updated after this additional information has been reviewed!

Thank you for your patience,

- The Xapo Team

For Xapo.com this sounds pretty cool:

Wonder what they mean by Upgrade if it is that you just have to verfify your account if so it's cool. Will send them a ticket now to find out :)

Thanks OP for the hint, seems to be a missing link.
Well they responded within the 24 hours as they say, so far so good lets see how it will be going with this account :)
Thanks for sending your documents to upgrade the spending limits for your Xapo Debit Card! Your documents are now under review - these types of upgrades can take up to 5 business days to complete.

We will let you know as soon as your limits have been upgraded successfully!

Thanks,
Hillary

They are pretty fast not like some of the reviews I have seen so far:
Hi there,

We just wanted to let you know that your verification process was successful! Just as you trust Xapo to keep your funds safe and secure, we want to build relationships with our users based on mutual trust. You can read more about why we asked you for additional information here.

We hope you enjoy our services!

- The Xapo Team

I have a verified account fin4774"hap¤#"

Latest Threads