Our valued sponsor

Run down of opening account with SEBA?

SEBA was mentioned in a thread I made a bit ago and I looked into them and they seem really great. I'm going to try to open an account with them, but wanted to know if anyone else here has made an account with them, and what the process was like? I'm interested in their professional account specifically. What all docs do they ask for, do they ask for scans or live selfies, what kinds of things do they ask, etc.? I like to be as prepared as possible going into something like this, so any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

There are four parameters of interest of SEBA bankers (it's not unique, I'd say): your citizenship and residence (the latter is perhaps more important), the value of assets that you want to deposit (the threshold to be eligible varies remarkably on the case-by-case basis) and the source of funds. Personal visit inevitable in most cases. The front-line staff are usual monkeys, asset managers are better. As with any Swiss private banking nowadays, a good introducer helps substantially.
(Yes, I have a direct experience.)

There are four parameters of interest of SEBA bankers (it's not unique, I'd say): your citizenship and residence (the latter is perhaps more important), the value of assets that you want to deposit (the threshold to be eligible varies remarkably on the case-by-case basis) and the source of funds. Personal visit inevitable in most cases. The front-line staff are usual monkeys, asset managers are better. As with any Swiss private banking nowadays, a good introducer helps substantially.
(Yes, I have a direct experience.)
Ah I see, thank you for your insight. Personal visit as in having to Switzerland? They don't offer completely remote openings? And if I don't have a good introducer, which I don't, are there any others you can recommend?

Ah I see, thank you for your insight.
You are welcome :)
Personal visit as in having to Switzerland?
Yes, it's so.
They don't offer completely remote openings?
Well, sometimes they can agree on a live videocall/videoconference; if they like your citizenship, residence and SOF a lot (and the value of assets, too ;) ) But only sometimes. (It's 2023 and AMLx – AMLy directives etc. etc. are in full play... :( )
And if I don't have a good introducer, which I don't, are there any others you can recommend?
Perhaps yes. Could you please share your citizenship and the current residence (if you share also the value of assets that you intend to bring, it will help, too)? I will check it (be advised that no, or almost none, introducer accepts all clients).