Our valued sponsor

Shocking Truth: Dubai's Luxury Ghost Towers & Looming Bankruptcy!

The interesting thing is that since the world cup Qatar and Bahrein as spinoff are getting traction and attracting foreigners. Same starts to apply for Saudi since the Neom city and the investments in sports (football is just one example).

It looks like those three countries are actively competing with UAE right now. If it comes down to money.... my bets are not on the UAE.

The interesting thing is that since the world cup Qatar and Bahrein as spinoff are getting traction and attracting foreigners. Same starts to apply for Saudi since the Neom city and the investments in sports (football is just one example).

It looks like those three countries are actively competing with UAE right now. If it comes down to money.... my bets are not on the UAE.
correct, i also started to notice a small uptick in influencer coverage about saudi. Albeit small, but the trend is set.

I agree! It feels now that UAE was the A/B testing for the others. It was the canary in the coal mine! To see how the thieving West was going to rob their people and what to do now for the future. It's plausible that they thought this one out.
Saudis jumping into BRICS now, too? It just feels way too much as an A/B testing. Time will tell.

As somebody who has lived here (I will not specifically say where) for approaching 30 years there is an awful of claptrap voiced on this forum about Dubai or UAE ................ and that is where the problem starts ............... Dubai is not the UAE pe se, it is an individual self run, self managed Emirate with however a FEDERAL overlords ie the UAE Governing Council based at the UAE capital in Abu Dhabi where all the money is and the President/Ruling Royal family of UAE.
Just to explain the demographic facts about the UAE, a population of approximately of just over 1,000,000 out of a total count of residents of approx 10,100,000. so just about 10% are Emiratis but that is overall the country and obviously expats are much more sparse in outlying towns/areas such Liwa, Ruwais, Fujeirah, Ras Al Khaimah, Umm Al Quwain, Ajman, even Al Ain and Abu Dhabi to a certain extent these days. Dubai's population on the other hand recently crossed 3.15 million, but the locals barely reach 8%, and that % is reducing daily.
And one very important economic fact about the UAE and their economy, is that AD produces 3 million/bpd and Dubai barely 50,000/bpd (yes that is NO tipo).
So just to summarise, the Corporation tax of 9% introduced last year was insisted upon by the interfering BIS/IMF/EU/USA/UK govts etc (locals tell me they never wanted it, but these Ali Babas saId if you want to 'join us at the top table' you MUST introduce taxes, as they did 6 years earlier with 5% VAT (the French silver haired 'convicted' criminal was almost a permanent fixture here for some time telling the big boys how to do it).
It's because they wish to do business worldwide, (incl Russia,China and throughout Africa) and their main objective is bizness & money, lots of it!
To sum up DUBAI wants you, they especially want HNWI to live, (last year 4000 millionaires took up residence in DXB) work and play in their city. All propertiy/Real Estate has a 4% tax for the DXB Govt, and all rents have a 2% (of Rental contract) Ijari tax , plus the centralised cooling is payable per/ft2 whether you have your A/C on or not etc etc.
This is what Dubai Government needs to survive, so if you live peacefully, obey the rules, keep your head down, just get on with your life, don't touch politics or disrespect the ruling family (both DXB and UAE) etc etc etc, one can have a fairly good life as opposed to the increasingly distopian (still alleged) DEMOCRACIES of USA/UK/EU/AUS/ etc etc etc where politicians, on instructions of their paymasters/Bosses i.e. the WEF/UN/Gates/Soros etc etc are plainly destroying and robbing their populations continuously ................................. and will NOT slow down.

As somebody who has lived here (I will not specifically say where) for approaching 30 years there is an awful of claptrap voiced on this forum about Dubai or UAE ................ and that is where the problem starts ............... Dubai is not the UAE pe se, it is an individual self run, self managed Emirate with however a FEDERAL overlords ie the UAE Governing Council based at the UAE capital in Abu Dhabi where all the money is and the President/Ruling Royal family of UAE.
it was time to get it sorted out.