Our valued sponsor

Solution for paypal

Maydi said:
Wrong question.
The question is, you are in [pick offshore jurisdiction], how do you open a *local* paypal account. Paypal doesn't do "offshore accounts" AFAIK.
Second that. Paypal is country specific as we learned from a few post on the forum! Asking them if they will work with offshore companies is not the way to get a answer.

system32 said:
withdraw our money to a Cyprus bank account
Do you mean by this that you withdraw directly to your bank account, or that you withdraw to your bank account's debit card? PayPal seems to distinguish between the two, and the latter obviously means you would need an account with a debit card.

Yes it is the Debit card, with the account we have the Debit card has a seperated account within the Internet banking, sorry for the confusion.

Reactions: alibran
No worries, I'm just trying to get things 100% clear in my head. There's so much conflicting information out there, and I need to know it's possible to do what I'm attempting before I pay out a lot of money getting the company and bank account set up. It's looking quite positive at the moment, after many hours of trawling the internet and coming up against nothing but dead ends.

yeah there is lots of information to find on the topic... hope you will find your way through all this to achieve your goals.

Hi

I was looking forward to register a company in Cyprus to obtain a business paypal account. However, in the countries list they say you can withdraw to a US bank account only (which I have, but don't really want to use it... so they don't ask for a SSN and other stuff) Can you add a Cipriot account to pass the verification?

Another question is... It says you can withdraw money to a debit card. Isn't the debit card tied up to an account? Thus all the money that are sent on the card will be sent you account. Also, are there any limits for withdrawing to a debit card?

If you know the answers to these questions, please, respond.

I was looking forward to register a company in Cyprus to obtain a business paypal account. However, in the countries list they say you can withdraw to a US bank account only (which I have, but don't really want to use it... so they don't ask for a SSN and other stuff) Can you add a Cipriot account to pass the verification?
PayPal is country specific, so if you have a US IP then you will only be able to withdraw to a US Bank account, thats why you need a VPN to avoid this!

Another question is... It says you can withdraw money to a debit card. Isn't the debit card tied up to an account? Thus all the money that are sent on the card will be sent you account. Also, are there any limits for withdrawing to a debit card?
That's correct, but it seems that some banks have connected to the new Visa net which allows payment's to be done directly to the card.. not many countries/banks support this yet. May be a US thing for now!

Moh1 said:
PayPal is country specific, so if you have a US IP then you will only be able to withdraw to a US Bank account, thats why you need a VPN to avoid this!
PayPal is country specific in the sense that you can only use a bank account located in the country you chose for you PP account when you opened it (in many cases you can also use a US bank account). I've accessed my UK PP account and withdrawn from it to my UK bank account from all over Europe in the last couple of years without any problems, and without using a VPN. In fact, using a shared VPN to access PP is an easy way to get your account limited.

Moh1 said:
That's correct, but it seems that some banks have connected to the new Visa net which allows payment's to be done directly to the card.. not many countries/banks support this yet. May be a US thing for now!
There are a number of countries that will accept direct payments to credit/debit cards. PP have a list of the countries where you can withdraw to a card, and I know Cyprus is one of them. There's a link to the list in a PP thread somewhere on this forum!

After a lot of research, the only solution for paypal that it might work (with a lot of possibilities) is this:

Hong Kong Company

Hong Kong Bank account

Hong Kong IP (through VPN / Proxy server)

Hong Kong physical person resident as a contact person

i ve found an offshore agent who provides all these but he is really expensive

Reactions: plunk
How do you solve the problem with the IP? Is the VPS/VPN included in the fee? I would say, really great approach you took there but as well risky and I would really like to see how it goes during a 6 months period before recommending this solution... PayPal is a huge company and they put some great effort to fight fraud at any level.

Yes VPN connection is included. Vpn static IP costs 7-15 euro per month.. Its not a big deal...

The approach is risky but might work well because the virtual office in Hong Kong (which is included in the package) can provide all that is needed for paypal...

The only reason might not work is that Paypal, since it is a huge Company, may have a list of the IPs used from VPN providers. So the IP u re using might be blocked.. Thats all...

Furtermore, for international merchant account ( Seychelles IBC + Cyprus bank account ) charge.com would be a solution. I ve asked them and they say that they accept this structure.. And they are very competitive in prices... :)

Latest Threads