Our valued sponsor

Thailand tax situation

In fact, all legal crypto exchanges and money changers keep track record of IDs (online KYC docs or photocopy of ID card/passport).
The only real potential issue in Thailand remains the same: audits and law enforcement. For now, it's close to none.

The owner of this particular exchange specifically told me that there's no record keeping of any kind.

They seem to deal mostly with Russians, maybe that's a factor.

Not paying 55% tax is also stone age in the most developed countries of the world. Beware of certain advances and what you wish for...
I hear you.

But you won't stop progress and you probably won't become an Amish.

I'm a big fan of Bitcoin Cash for that reason, it just lacks widespread adoption but seems to have a decent head start as decentralized, p2p cash.

The more draconian all the govs become the more it will push people into parallel economies, anonym crypto payments / gold, etc.

I hear you.

But you won't stop progress and you probably won't become an Amish.

I'm a big fan of Bitcoin Cash for that reason, it just lacks widespread adoption but seems to have a decent head start as decentralized, p2p cash.

The more draconian all the govs become the more it will push people into parallel economies, anonym crypto payments / gold, etc.

I agree.