Our valued sponsor

The Dutch banking association, NVB, published a Financial Crime Threat Assessment of 20 threats.

GPT

Pro Member
May 29, 2021
Switzerland
Visit site
A baseline description, modus operandi, extent of the threat in The Netherlands - linked to the characteristics of The Netherlands - are provided on the following threats:

• Arms trafficking
• Bribery
Concealment of beneficial ownership
• Concealment of identity

• Drugs economy
• Environmental crime
• Extremism
• Fragmentation of payment landscape
• Market facilitators
• Modern slavery
• Organised crime at transport hubs
• Payment fraud
• Public funding fraud
• Sanctions evasion
• State actors
• Tax evasion
• Terrorism financing
• Trade-based money laundering
• Underground banking
• VAT fraud

In the attached pdf, which is downloaded from this source you will find a lot of context to the list above. I didn't want to only deeplink as to avoid drawing too much attention from the DNB / Dutch authorities.

The items in bold are very double as it directly conflicts with the interests of the people using these strategies legitimately. In NL you are now automatically tagged as a criminal when you apply such tactics.

Bottom line -everything- is a problem. If you are not a large company... slowly it becomes clear that NL is, despite their extensive network of tax treaties, not interesting enough anymore.

(@admins; if you think you need to delete the link or pdf, feel free to do so)

Attachments

• 20240330-financial-crime-threat-assessment-of-the-netherlands-2023-24.pdf
    950.8 KB · Views: 29
Thanks for sharing!

"This structure employs various methods like hawala
banking, misuse of cryptocurrencies, peer-to-peer platforms
or unlicensed payment service providers, informal value
transfers, cash trades and third-party payments to conceal
funds' origins and destinations." p35

Just wondering, what is the correct use of cryptocurrencies? :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing!

"This structure employs various methods like hawala
banking, misuse of cryptocurrencies, peer-to-peer platforms
or unlicensed payment service providers, informal value
transfers, cash trades and third-party payments to conceal
funds' origins and destinations." p35

Just wondering, what is the correct use of cryptocurrencies? :rolleyes:
All of the above. Freedom, privacy, security & cryptocurrency bad, okay?

A baseline description, modus operandi, extent of the threat in The Netherlands - linked to the characteristics of The Netherlands - are provided on the following threats:

• Arms trafficking
• Bribery
Concealment of beneficial ownership
• Concealment of identity

• Drugs economy
• Environmental crime
• Extremism
• Fragmentation of payment landscape
• Market facilitators
• Modern slavery
• Organised crime at transport hubs
• Payment fraud
• Public funding fraud
• Sanctions evasion
• State actors
• Tax evasion
• Terrorism financing
• Trade-based money laundering
• Underground banking
• VAT fraud

In the attached pdf, which is downloaded from this source you will find a lot of context to the list above. I didn't want to only deeplink as to avoid drawing too much attention from the DNB / Dutch authorities.

The items in bold are very double as it directly conflicts with the interests of the people using these strategies legitimately. In NL you are now automatically tagged as a criminal when you apply such tactics.

Bottom line -everything- is a problem. If you are not a large company... slowly it becomes clear that NL is, despite their extensive network of tax treaties, not interesting enough anymore.

(@admins; if you think you need to delete the link or pdf, feel free to do so)
The "new" Dutch gov. are at it again! :rolleyes:

That country was a wonderful place when NV, BV, etc., were done without hiccups. Money flowed through their banks without a hassle.

Unbelievable what has happened to them.

So much for Oranje Boven! ca#"!

PS. Thank you for sharing!

So much for Oranje Boven! ca#"!
They meant this Oranje:

1712107893827.png

Yeah.... this is so sad. Unbelievably, this is still going on. :oops:

I want to ask: Waarom?
But I'm afraid they'll reply with another question like: Waarom zijn bananen krom? smi(&%
Just as the mob looks after its own, the government often seems to prioritize its interests over those of the people... or perhaps it's the other way around? Unfortunately, the situation in the Netherlands is deteriorating. It's gradually transforming into a police state, particularly with leftist governments frequently tossing around the term "narco state", which will only further restrict the freedom of the people and hold their earnings hostage in unfounded KYC/AML (wwft) procedures.

Here's to hoping that more individuals contemplate shifting their affairs from the Netherlands to locales where they can genuinely reap the rewards of their hard work.

Reactions: Vernon and jafo
Just as the mob looks after its own, the government often seems to prioritize its interests over those of the people... or perhaps it's the other way around? Unfortunately, the situation in the Netherlands is deteriorating. It's gradually transforming into a police state, particularly with leftist governments frequently tossing around the term "narco state", which will only further restrict the freedom of the people and hold their earnings hostage in unfounded KYC/AML (wwft) procedures.

Here's to hoping that more individuals contemplate shifting their affairs from the Netherlands to locales where they can genuinely reap the rewards of their hard work.
Lets not even start on KYC/AML-CT.

Just some numbers to highlight the stupidity.

It is estimated that about 16 billion is laundered via NL
There are about 13000 employees working on KYC/AML-CT daily in NL which including implementation of regulation costs 1.4 billion annually.

Since 2021 only 368 million has been confiscated of this estimated 16B.
Banks reported 263000 suspicious transactions out of which 47000 were deemed suspicious.

47000 of 263000 = 17.8%.
For argument sake ill take that 17.8% and apply it to the 16B estimated which is roughly 2,5B which is assumed criminal money.
Per head of the country this is 147 euro
Per employee working on this, it is 192000 euro

Out of the 2,5B only 368M was confiscated which makes me think that their criteria are too strict or that the money only touches The Netherlands on paper and therefore doesnt have any real effect anyways.

Per head of the country this is 21,50.
Per employee this is 28500. The amount confiscated doesnt even cover the salaries of the 13000 employees.

Don't get me wrong, of course I also use assumptions. I am very aware of that, yet this KYC/AML-CT is an artificial industry which has negligible impact. The only impact it has is on law abiding citizens.

Even with the Dutch saying that almost everything is illegal or suspicious it still doesnt do anything.

It is just sheer stupidity.

/rant over

Source

The NVB developed a Financial Crime Threat Assessment of The Netherlands 2023-24 to have an overview of the current, relevant
financial crime threats in The Netherlands
I cannot see how this can surprise anyone when all other countries have either already implemented many of the measures or are likewise on their way to doing so. Moreover, criminal gangs are ravaging more than ever before in some places in Europe, like in Holland, as I saw in a documentary.

Reactions: jafo
I cannot see how this can surprise anyone when all other countries have either already implemented many of the measures or are likewise on their way to doing so. Moreover, criminal gangs are ravaging more than ever before in some places in Europe, like in Holland, as I saw in a documentary.
It doesnt surprise me one bit in that sense. I am only shocked to see how little impact it has.

The ravaging you mention is an estimated 16B. Mind you estimated. That is nothing compared to what flows -on paper- through NL and is in that sense untouchable to begin with. The impact of the ravaging is exaggerated imo to justify the expenses to control the law abiding citizens as in all countries.

Reactions: jafo and 0xDEADBEEF
They need to collect as much tax money as possible, besides, they must send a strong signal to the criminal world that this behavior will not be tolerated, and at the same time, they need to signal to the population that they are really doing something, acting decisively as a government and a state power, that's what gets you voters.

That we can quickly agree that it's all an illusion and that the costs in money do not match the potential revenue is another calculation that the average citizen is not at all interested in. That's how Politics works.

Reactions: gh0p and jafo
They need to collect as much tax money as possible, besides, they must send a strong signal to the criminal world that this behavior will not be tolerated, and at the same time, they need to signal to the population that they are really doing something, acting decisively as a government and a state power, that's what gets you voters.

That we can quickly agree that it's all an illusion and that the costs in money do not match the potential revenue is another calculation that the average citizen is not at all interested in. That's how Politics works.
Normally the average citizen is indeed not interested in such numbers. That however is changing due to housing crisis, immigration and the poverty trap. Hence the right leaning political parties gaining traction everywhere. The problem is that most right leaning parties are also for more control.

Lets not even start on KYC/AML-CT.

Just some numbers to highlight the stupidity.

It is estimated that about 16 billion is laundered via NL
There are about 13000 employees working on KYC/AML-CT daily in NL which including implementation of regulation costs 1.4 billion annually.

Since 2021 only 368 million has been confiscated of this estimated 16B.
Banks reported 263000 suspicious transactions out of which 47000 were deemed suspicious.

47000 of 263000 = 17.8%.
For argument sake ill take that 17.8% and apply it to the 16B estimated which is roughly 2,5B which is assumed criminal money.
Per head of the country this is 147 euro
Per employee working on this, it is 192000 euro

Out of the 2,5B only 368M was confiscated which makes me think that their criteria are too strict or that the money only touches The Netherlands on paper and therefore doesnt have any real effect anyways.

Per head of the country this is 21,50.
Per employee this is 28500. The amount confiscated doesnt even cover the salaries of the 13000 employees.

Don't get me wrong, of course I also use assumptions. I am very aware of that, yet this KYC/AML-CT is an artificial industry which has negligible impact. The only impact it has is on law abiding citizens.

Even with the Dutch saying that almost everything is illegal or suspicious it still doesnt do anything.

It is just sheer stupidity.

/rant over

Source
Thanks for this insightful rant, I guess when you crunch the numbers it makes even less sense.

Reactions: jafo and GPT
Half the seizures are also from grey economy businesses - grey is neither white nor black - ergo not illegal but mist of legality.
That’s what I don’t like about the way this is all going - crypto industry for sure sits in the grey zone so you can have seizures and prison terms without even knowingly breaking the law based on constructs built on ideas opposed to fact based laws - Elizabeth Warren for example in the US always sprouting rubbish which is proven false