Our valued sponsor

Try to rent a house but past history is stopping it, anyone has an idea?

lavel

Offshore Agent
Mentor Group Gold
Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I try to rent a house in Germany, several cities and always the same shitshow!

They get all documents and information they want, they show the house and say all is good but then decline the thing! I tried this about 20 times already, but now the last time I got information on why, they have looked at my past history in the country where I lived before.

There they can see that I have had 19 companies, all of them got forcible closed, 3 of them went bankruptcy - it is over a time line of 24 years, where I have been very active but also very unlucky business wise.

I was not aware of this before, so I never spoke about it, but I can't just sit there the next time and tell them hey guys, I fucked 19 companies because I was wrong.

What can I do in my situation?
What story should I develop for it?

try to rent from a private person and pay 3-6-12 months in advance or as deposit. For me it worked in The Netherlands. In the Netherlands they can kick you out if you have not paid for 3 months. I don’t know the law in Germany for this.

Reactions: jafo
They get all documents and information they want, they show the house and say all is good but then decline the thing! I tried this about 20 times already, but now the last time I got information on why, they have looked at my past history in the country where I lived before.
this sounds pretty fishy... you want us to believe that all 20 different house owners checked against some commercial database?

I would guess that real estate companies/private owners in Germany use the same service provider for screening tenants.
The best solution is to get a 6 months lease and pay it in advance.
Changing name won't help - it will be linked to the previous name in the databases that due diligence service providers use and only add more risk score points

this sounds pretty fishy... you want us to believe that all 20 different house owners checked against some commercial database?
Maybe they googled him?
I have a Spanish friend, he has "4" names. Spaniards have a personal name(s) followed by two surnames – the father's paternal family name and then the mother's paternal family name. For example Hector José GONZALEZ LÓPEZ (not my friend's name, just an example). People may have two personal names (e.g. Hector José). Depending on how you Google my friend, you would love him or hate him. He's a very good guy though. 100% honest and 100% integrity! Pays ALL his bills and fulfills all his responsibilities...except with the unproductive parasites working for the "state". smi(&% He just doesn't take ANY sh1t! He flies right into physical violence if the other side is dirty or corrupt. stupi#21 You can imagine that this does NOT sit well with "bandidos" working under the ruse of "government" doh948""

I don't know if they all used the same commercial database, but Googling my name will quickly reveal the first companies, if you google a little deeper you will find the rest. I believe they all do this. But why the hell they have problems with it when I can provide the following:
audited letter that shows my worth in euro which is 60x the rent of the house.
unremarked Shufa
and installment of 10K euro

We speak renting prices 2000 - 3000 eur / month

Maybe they googled him?
you're totally right.

You may consult some attorney or tax advisor to help you communicate this to the landlord. I would setup a letter and ask the mentioned professionals to draft it, if possible.