Our valued sponsor

USA Based telephone number for internationally based agent

Jump123

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I am based in South Africa trying to operate in the USA, I need a USA based telephone number low cost or even for free so that people can get in touch with me and that I can iether have calls forwarded to my SA Number or pick up messages. Any advice will be massively appreciated.

So there is the well working Proovl - I have been using them for several pruposes like that and they offer US numbers.

Instead, where can I get non-VOIP US number on permanent basis? There are plenty of voip no. providers but rarely on non-voip... Textverified has that but it isnt a long term / permanent, and you cant get to choose the country code u want..

Get a US phone number somewhere (Skype or whatever). Then use that to sign up for Google Voice. With Google Voice, you can even receive text messages.
You can get calls forwarded to Google Hangouts (mobile app) for free. And you can call toll-free numbers in the US for free.

Get a US phone number somewhere (Skype or whatever). Then use that to sign up for Google Voice. With Google Voice, you can even receive text messages.
You can get calls forwarded to Google Hangouts (mobile app) for free. And you can call toll-free numbers in the US for free.

I tried, sadly it cannot work for Google voice, reason being they require you to link your google voice acct to a US number that is non voip before they will even assign u a google voice US number. I tried linking to a skype US number the other day, in fact a few times, it linked successfully but they will still not grant you the google voice us number... they need non VOIP number to link to it....

And by the way Google voice us number is voip too, as Google says it... not a non-voip....

What I meant was get a local SIP number. You can even select the area code with most providers. It looks like a regular landline number.
If you use Skype, maybe they give you some special number that they can easily tell us VoIP.

I am based in South Africa trying to operate in the USA, I need a USA based telephone number low cost or even for free so that people can get in touch with me and that I can iether have calls forwarded to my SA Number or pick up messages. Any advice will be massively appreciated.
Have you checked BNEsim, these are physical sim cards with real phone numbers and you can add numbers from 40+ countries. The numbers stay on as long as you decide to keep the sim. If nothing works you can purchase a Google voice account for somewhere between $4 - $7, I have used Buyaccs in the past to purchase Google voice accounts. They have their fan following on Blackhatworld.