Our valued sponsor

What after unemployment

mark

Offshore Agent
Sep 13, 2009
Visit site
After more than a year of unemployment, Heather Dobyns knew she needed to take some bold moves to stand out from the pack. In May 2008, she had lost her job selling printing services for Deluxe (DLX) in St Louis. She was in her late 30s and her unemployment benefits were scheduled to run out in months.

Dobyns enrolled at New Horizons Computer Learning Center to get the certification she would need to operate and provide security on a computer network for a midsize business using Cisco Systems (CSCO) gear. "Having those skills with a sales background [gives me] an edge that I didn't have six months ago," she says.

Workers like Dobyns may have the right idea. Once the economy turns around, hiring managers say they'll staff up technology departments before other divisions, according to a survey of more than 500 U.S. companies released by Robert Half International (RHI) and CareerBuilder on Aug. 25. Workers in such hard-hit industries as financial services and autos are trying to figure out what careers will best position them for the recovery, and the technology field is looking increasingly attractive.

But the tech jobs of tomorrow will likely demand different talents than the ones many workers possess today. Areas of growth include computer security, clean technology, and health-care IT.

At NASA, 7,000 Will Need New Careers

The challenge for workers who are retraining is to decipher the signs that distinguish industries poised for revival from those that have shed jobs for good.

World economy is passing through a phase of consolidation.The recession is fast approaching to an end but the recovery process is very slow.So some people are still worried about revival of US job markets.I have not even slightest doubt about the revival of US economy and back to the track of growth.Yes it will be the technology sector and software companies who would lead the rally in uplifting US job markets to a large extents.

I am confident Heather Dobyns would get a better job after taking

I too think that we are going to come back stronger than ever. There will always be something new to build, sell and repair. People just need to be patient and learn to become slightly more self sufficient.

This recession period is taken as the correction period for all the growth that the world economy has envisaged. Could anyone believe if the world countries were having a GDP growth of over 7 or 8% continuously for over 8 years? So i think, this period of one year is to correct all the growth that has taken place. So, there are going to be tons of jobs created in the next few years. There can be no unemployment in the next 3 years.

I must say now a days recession is almost about to get finished and US Economy will be fine in upcoming days only. I just wish everyone have patience to get a job, as after few days lot of companies will start recruitment.

good one

naturelover1 said:
This recession period is taken as the correction period for all the growth that the world economy has envisaged. Could anyone believe if the world countries were having a GDP growth of over 7 or 8% continuously for over 8 years? So i think, this period of one year is to correct all the growth that has taken place. So, there are going to be tons of jobs created in the next few years. There can be no unemployment in the next 3 years.
It is really true and effective thought

Latest Threads