Our valued sponsor

What is the current status with the Cyprus banks?

Cyprus banks are in full operation as they are not affected by what is happening in Greece

Reactions: lavel and myhand
Thanks for question and asnwer, I was in the process to open a similar thread to ask about the situation in Cyprus and Greek.

What about Bank of Piraeus Cyprus are they going down if the bank goes down in Greece?
Piraeus Bank Cyprus is a subsidiary of Greek Piraeus Bank, registered in Cyprus, regulated by Central Bank of Cyprus and is not affected by the Greek bank crisis. The Bank does not have any exposure in Greece.

Reactions: lavel
Piraeus Bank Cyprus is a subsidiary of Greek Piraeus Bank, registered in Cyprus, regulated by Central Bank of Cyprus and is not affected by the Greek bank crisis. The Bank does not have any exposure in Greece.
So even they said NO in Greece, and even if the banks have stoped their operation in Grece, the banks in Cyprus continue business as usual, that's very good they seem to have learned from the last time back in 2009.

Reactions: JohnLocke
That's just plane great news. Thanks admin to be such responsive to our questions. I started to get nervous.

So even they said NO in Greece, and even if the banks have stoped their operation in Grece, the banks in Cyprus continue business as usual, that's very good they seem to have learned from the last time back in 2009.
Correct, that has no influend on the banks in Cyprus! They are all in normal operation.

Yeah got it, anyway they have my account "under review" atm. so I pretty much lost with the money on that account. Seems Piraeus has some very special Internal rules which don't apply to official International Banking Laws and they put such laws beside when it comes to the slightest reputation issues!

Reactions: arturos and alain
Yeah got it, anyway they have my account "under review" atm. so I pretty much lost with the money on that account. Seems Piraeus has some very special Internal rules which don't apply to official International Banking Laws and they put such laws beside when it comes to the slightest reputation issues!
You are in the same situation as I'm for 1 year ago where they put my account under review just suddenly !! You may stay away from this bank they are not trust able.

Reactions: arturos

did you get back your Piraeus bank account?

All good I got my account back yesterday. But damn it was some difficult task and f... they had many questions! This is just not normal. I have opened new accounts now, in Belize, Mauritius, Latvia, Sweden, Russia and St. Kitts.. this shall never happen again :)

All good I got my account back yesterday. But damn it was some difficult task and f... they had many questions! This is just not normal. I have opened new accounts now, in Belize, Mauritius, Latvia, Sweden, Russia and St. Kitts.. this shall never happen again :)

Great going DeMajor,

So which offshore countries have been the easiest as far as opening bank accounts is concerned?

Latest Threads