Our valued sponsor

Where is illegal to move assets offshore?

That is a really great question so I'm posting on here in the hopes that some attention can be brought to this question! It was posted a while ago and I would enjoy reading the answer to this question myself if anyone could help us out that would be great. If anyone knows the answer please put your thoughts down and suggestions.

Reactions: JohnLocke
It will depend very much on the reason for why you move the assets and when you do it! For instant if you incorporate a company offshore and put your assets into the company before any creditor's, lenders or similar have and claim on these assets, everything is legit. But if you you do this after it isn't legal. Not sure if it makes sense, otherwise feel free to reply.

It will depend very much on the reason for why you move the assets and when you do it! For instant if you incorporate a company offshore and put your assets into the company before any creditor's' date=' lenders or similar have and claim on these assets, everything is legit. But if you you do this after it isn't legal. Not sure if it makes sense, otherwise feel free to reply.[/quote']
You may find some goof information at our website /company-formation/asset-protection.html hopefully it will answer some of your questions in regards to the asset protection term. Also for privacy reasons a offshore company can most often be very helpful, since it's almost impossible to trace the beneficial owner of an offshore company.

Last edited:
Reactions: protain
I think that a problem that many people have is that they are try to mix business and personal. This is why we see so many questions about taxation of foreign companies. The goal is to make an offshore company that is not connected to you personally in any recognizable way. This is the premise of offshore protection.

You have to create these entities using nominee directors, and create bank accounts that are created with numbers and not names. You have to also use channels to separate you from the deposit of offshore funds. Offshore attorneys (often very inexpensive) are you r best allies in this regard. You lawyer will protect your privacy and your position offshore (if you have the right one).

You may find some goof information at our website /company-formation/asset-protection.html hopefully it will answer some of your questions in regards to the asset protection term. Also for privacy reasons a offshore company can most often be very helpful, since it's almost impossible to trace the beneficial owner of an offshore company.
This link is not working :) please edit the post and resubmit..

Last edited by a moderator:
Below you can find some great visual information about how to protect your assets and what you may want to consider in order to get your things get done right.

offshore-asset-protection-overview.jpg

/monthly_2015_05/offshore-asset-protection-overview.jpg.3d3f5385b16bbc6d81ba4e508385b604.jpg

protain said:
This link is not working :) please edit the post and resubmit..
Thank you for reporting. I have fixed the link.

Last edited:
I think that a problem that many people have is that they are try to mix business and personal. This is why we see so many questions about taxation of foreign companies. The goal is to make an offshore company that is not connected to you personally in any recognizable way. This is the premise of offshore protection.
You have to create these entities using nominee directors, and create bank accounts that are created with numbers and not names. You have to also use channels to separate you from the deposit of offshore funds. Offshore attorneys (often very inexpensive) are you r best allies in this regard. You lawyer will protect your privacy and your position offshore (if you have the right one).
It's not possible to hide who the owner is this way. Real numbered accounts no longer exist, and using nominees won't help :)

But with an offshore trust you can essentially do the same, and it works really well even if you get sued.

Why using nominees don't help to keep my privacy? can you please help?
Using nominees will protect you from be listed at the public register. However, somehow assetprotection has right, because if you are using the standard nominee director and shareholder services from most "cheap" providers you will have 0% protection. But if the nominee's are located in a country i.e. Cyprus and they are actually lawyer's you will be protection long way the road.

Reactions: happyjohn
Using nominees and a Trust will hide who the owners are, and I would say even a Seychelles corp and nominees will do the trick already. You won't be able to trace the ownership then!

Below you can find some great visual information about how to protect your assets and what you may want to consider in order to get your things get done right.
This is so cool information. The thing with trust and foundation I read several placed around here on the forum it's something I defiantly go into research with.

Reactions: buzzoffshore
It's not possible to hide who the owner is this way. Real numbered accounts no longer exist, and using nominees won't help :)

But with an offshore trust you can essentially do the same, and it works really well even if you get sued.
What kind of trusts can be used here? Do you have any recommendations?

Forget about numbered accounts in 2016 this will not work any longer unless you are super rich and not listed in the #panamapapers :D

I don't think there's a country that doesn't allow a business to be setup upon their lands. Of course it will depend on the business owner if he/she will accept the Tax rate for that country but overall I think its not illegal since you are doing it the right way with the right documents I presume.

Latest Threads