Our valued sponsor

Your experience of opening HK bank account?

coromandel

Offshore Agent
Nov 27, 2012
Antigua
Visit site
I have found this forum very useful - well done CCLogic.

Now I'm in the process of setting up a company in HK I'll need a HK bank account.

It seems the general consensus that I'd have to visit HK to open an HSBC account (I am EU citizen in the EU).

This seems unnecessarily complicated - I dread getting there only to find I've forgotten a piece of paperwork. Has anyone actually flown to HK to do this?

A few discussion points for those experienced in the matter:

* Some OSPs say they can open HK accounts remotely but I'm unsure of their claims.

* I'd rather use HSBC HK vs Cyprus bank account for invoicing consultancy clients. This may be unreasonable.

* I am a personal account holder for HSBC in EU and HK. Our business also has a HSBC account in the EU. Does that help with remote opening?

Any thoughts/solutions on how to open an account without the journey would be great!!

coromandel said:
I have found this forum very useful - well done CCLogic.
Now I'm in the process of setting up a company in HK I'll need a HK bank account.

It seems the general consensus that I'd have to visit HK to open an HSBC account (I am EU citizen in the EU).

This seems unnecessarily complicated - I dread getting there only to find I've forgotten a piece of paperwork. Has anyone actually flown to HK to do this?

A few discussion points for those experienced in the matter:

* Some OSPs say they can open HK accounts remotely but I'm unsure of their claims.

* I'd rather use HSBC HK vs Cyprus bank account for invoicing consultancy clients. This may be unreasonable.

* I am a personal account holder for HSBC in EU and HK. Our business also has a HSBC account in the EU. Does that help with remote opening?

Any thoughts/solutions on how to open an account without the journey would be great!!
If you already have a personal account with HSBC in HK, then you should be able to open the HK Company account over the phone. (The Bank will already have all your relevant details on file).

hugger said:
If you already have a personal account with HSBC in HK, then you should be able to open the HK Company account over the phone. (The Bank will already have all your relevant details on file).
I've had long discussions with the HSBC's International Dept. HK personal account remote opening, no problem for existing HSBC clients. HK corporate account remote opening, no dice, in-person only.

Though they will make exceptions depending on how large your business is (they wouldn't quote me a minimum, but it's higher than mid-6 figures annual turnover, I can tell you that). No choice for me but to fly to HK..

Latest Threads