Our valued sponsor

€10,000 Dark Web Hitman Identifed Via Crypto-Analysis

Martin Everson

Offshore Retiree
Jan 2, 2018
Visit site

------ quote start

Europol supported the Italian Postal and Communication Police (Polizia Postale e delle Comunicazioni) in arresting an Italian national suspected of hiring a hitman on the dark web. The hitman, hired through an internet assassination website hosted on the TOR network, was payed about €10 000 worth in Bitcoins to kill the ex-girlfriend of the suspect.

Europol carried out an urgent, complex crypto-analysis to enable the tracing and identification of the provider from which the suspect purchased the cryptocurrencies. The Italian police then reached out to the identified Italian crypto service provider, who confirmed the information uncovered during the investigation and provided the authorities with further details about the suspect. The timely investigation prevented any harm to be perpetrated against the potential victim.

Europol’s European Cybercrime Centre (EC3) and the Joint Cybercrime Action Taskforce (J-CAT) hosted at Europol supported this investigation with operational analysis and expertise.

The Joint Cybercrime Action Taskforce (J-CAT) at Europol is a standing operational team consisting of cyber liaison officers from different countries who work from the same office on high profile cybercrime investigations.

---- quote end

Hey @Martin Everson what is your thoughts on 'hitman on darknet'. Is it real ?? Or just joke.

I can't imagine a real hitman would be sitting on internet waiting for orders to come in like an Uber eats driver. More likely it was police or a scammer turned informant he was talking too.

If this dude was not giving btc to a random person on darkweb he would probably anyway be giving in to some Nigerian Prince claiming he has $500m blocked in an account at the Bank of England conf/(%

the problem is that trap actually happens in russia . but i'm trying to figure out if there is slim chance to hire hitman .
who are you want to liquidate :D

I think any dark web hitman is a scam. What is the benefit of someone selling such a service and actually doing it when its far easier to just scam the buyer. I mean is buyer going to go to police and complain if they are scammed. Or is seller hoping that if they do a good job they will get repeat customer business? :rolleyes: All makes no sense to me conf/(%.

People are blinded by "Revenge Emotion".
If you are in Revenge mode, It is easy to scam you. You are very desperate to take revenge. You can easily lose your Right Decision-Making Ability.
So many people are falling for this type of nonsense. And If you got scammed who to complain.:(:(:( Funny World

The Best Revenge Is Massive Success - Frank Sinatra

People are blinded by "Revenge Emotion".
If you are in Revenge mode, It is easy to scam you. You are very desperate to take revenge. You can easily lose your Right Decision-Making Ability.
So many people are falling for this type of nonsense. And If you got scammed who to complain.:(:(:( Funny World

Very true. Same logic applies to people desperate to find a bank for an offshore company. They fall everytime for fake Comoros banks.

But.. if he did not purchase the crypto but instead mined the crypto hidden behind some Tor, VPN or other stuff to hide the real IP, and never connected the wallet to his real identifying data, and also contacted the hitman/scammer through a real secure connection, would they be able to find him?

Reactions: troubled soul
I think any dark web hitman is a scam. What is the benefit of someone selling such a service and actually doing it when its far easier to just scam the buyer.
In theory there could be a reputation system (think Amazon reviews), but in practice it would (hopefully) be difficult to get a meaningful number of reviews ... why would scammed buyers be so stupid and admit that they've tried to have someone killed? Just unnecessarily more evidence.

A probably better concept are anonymous betting markets, but I don't think enough people are smart enough to get the idea, lol.

In sum, I think it's a hoax.

Reactions: Back2Matters
But.. if he did not purchase the crypto but instead mined the crypto hidden behind some Tor, VPN or other stuff to hide the real IP, and never connected the wallet to his real identifying data, and also contacted the hitman/scammer through a real secure connection, would they be able to find him?
Maybe. Maybe not. If you're a smart "hacker" and understand/control exactly which metadata your computer sends out, then maybe not. But even those people can get busted over time, because humans make mistakes eventually. It's not as easy as just installing Whonix.

Reactions: Btraveler

Latest Threads