Our valued sponsor

180 days in UAE

Personal experience:

2018 - spent 4 months in UAE - tax certificate received (short term rental)
2019 - spent 6 months in UAE - tax certificate received (short term rental)
2020 - spent 2 months in UAE - tax certificate received (short term rental)

I think the most important point is that you make it more then 2 days a year to the UAE - there are even lawyers claiming in practice it's enough to be 3-4x 2-3 weeks over the year in the UAE.

Personal experience:

2018 - spent 4 months in UAE - tax certificate received (short term rental)
2019 - spent 6 months in UAE - tax certificate received (short term rental)

I think the most important point is that you make it more then 2 days a year to the UAE - there are even lawyers claiming in practice it's enough to be 3-4x 2-3 weeks over the year in the UAE.
Hi Fred,

what you pay for those rentals on the cheap ?

your 2018 stay was that your first stay in UAE ?

do you need to apply for the tax residency or is it automatically given to you based on the time you have stayed ?

Hi Fred,

what you pay for those rentals on the cheap ?

your 2018 stay was that your first stay in UAE ?

do you need to apply for the tax residency or is it automatically given to you based on the time you have stayed ?
They are real rentals, airnbnb, aparthotel etc.

Always ask to get a short term rental contract, some certificate or whatever.

You always need to apply - nothing done automatically.

Have your EID, Residence Visa in Passport, Rental Contract and Personal Bank Statements with local UAE Bank Statement on hand and make sure that you pay yourself monthly salary in cas you run your own company in UAE.

Reactions: troubled soul

Have your EID, Residence Visa in Passport, Rental Contract and Personal Bank Statements with local UAE Bank Statement on hand and make sure that you pay yourself monthly salary in cas you run your own company in UAE.

suppose I come there for the first time and get myself a 4 month rental contract , after how much time I would have a chance to apply and get approved for tax residence ?

UAE is gonna be in a lot of problems in future sadly :(. Countries may refuse to accept a UAE tax residency certificate if it is this bogus.

UAE is gonna be in a lot of problems in future sadly :(. Countries may refuse to accept a UAE tax residency certificate if it is this bogus.
Well last year due to covid they maybe give you a favor.

For sure you won't get a tax residence certificate for being 2 days a year in the UAE.

What we see in practice is quite funny because everybody is asking about tax residence certificate and after one year has passed maybe 1% is really applying for.

Well last year due to covid they maybe give you a favor.

For sure you won't get a tax residence certificate for being 2 days a year in the UAE.

What we see in practice is quite funny because everybody is asking about tax residence certificate and after one year has passed maybe 1% is really applying for.
Well, you will need tax certificate only when you have tax investigation. In such case it's gold value.
Especially were large amounts are involved. Of course, people usually don't need it.

Its interesting to know that I could get the certificate with shorter stays. I have residence Visa for 4 years but never been able to stay 6 months there in order to apply for tax residence.

Same question as @Piano, suppose I come there for next time and get myself a 4 month rental contract, after how much time I would have a chance to apply and get approved for tax residence ?

Hi Fred - as with the bank opening, would the fact that the tenancy contract is in the wife's name and she is my sponsor be no hindrance to getting a tax cert at the end of the year? Is a local personal bank account a must or nice-to-have or not necessary at all?

What is the process to get the tax residence? I have to relocate myself there, get the residence visa, open bank account, ideally set up a business and pay myself a salary from this business and then after 6 months can apply for tax residency? can someone please shade some light here or direct me to different post / website where it was discussed / explained?

Can you provide more information how did you apply for it?
Online or trough some agency?
How long did you wait for it?

Can you provide more information how did you apply for it?
Online or trough some agency?
How long did you wait for it?
Through our employee. He is a professional PRO since years and has its own PRO card with direct access to a lot of GoV systems. He managed all certificate together end last year - never did it before and really only wanted to see how it is going due to the big rumors here in the forum going on about the tax residence certificate.

Local personal bank account is very important. I did used Paysera all the time back in the days but somehow the PRO managed it - connections and strong network is everything in UAE.

It sounds really like a simple way to gain tax freedom, wonder what the costs are involved, any rough estimate ?

Through our employee. He is a professional PRO since years and has its own PRO card with direct access to a lot of GoV systems. He managed all certificate together end last year - never did it before and really only wanted to see how it is going due to the big rumors here in the forum going on about the tax residence certificate.

Local personal bank account is very important. I did used Paysera all the time back in the days but somehow the PRO managed it - connections and strong network is everything in UAE.

I have personal bank account and are getting the salary each month... So no issues there... Can your guy help me out with this? If yes, please email me at JimBeam1795 {at} protonmail.com... Thx...