Our valued sponsor

2 reasons why you don't want to bank in Latvia!

yalil

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
Here are 2 reasons for why you don't want to open an account with a bank in Latvia.

1. You don't gain any privacy at all, Latvia is not considered a offshore country but part of the European Union, that mean Tax Information Exchange Agreements are in full force here and you will get reported to your local tax office as soon as you open the bank account.

latvia-bank-account.png

2. You pay lot's of fees to open the bank account in Latvia and on top, you pay a monthly fee and high fees for every single transaction you are doing with one of these banks. Once you have your business running and you think everything is fine because the money is floating into your account you will soon face lots of questions from the bank.

It will start with a simple request to get prove of the goods and services sold, once provided they will continue asking questions. So they will request more and more documents, new certificates proving the company to be in good standing and a lots of personal data which they already should have known and asked for from the very beginning.

All in all it's a no go, regardless what bank in Latvia you are looking at it seems.

Here is one you want to avoid Latvijas Banka

Do you have personal experience with this bank you posted a link for or what bank in Latvia has done this to you?

Yeah I have personal experience with these followers Rietumu Banka - for business and private banking. Get more from bank accounts, credit cards, term deposits and investments they are asking for hundred of documents once you just get started with them. In the beginning they will help you to get everything done and get started with your new bank account, then once you start receiving money in an substantial amount they begin to ask questions.

After 6 or 9 months they start requesting new incorporation documents (same as before) and certificates that the company is still in good standing, this costs you money each time.

Reactions: yves
I don't know who recomended you in first place this bank. ( high comissions / high fees / easy block the account)
They are very expensive and they have alot of international problems.
I think is the worst bank in Latvia.

Baltikums is now BlueOrange bank , you may enter on their website and contact them through livechat support.

They are a scam and don't Rietumu any longer but Orangesomething... there are a few threads about it. If you are selling / advertising without to be "green" you will get warning points!

No, i just have a good friend of mine in Rietumu, and i never had problems there (maybe because i was local). ALSO im not advertising anything on that forum, except my web pratice, so please, pass by your points to yourself, thank you.

Reactions: crownblown
No, i just have a good friend of mine in Rietumu, and i never had problems there (maybe because i was local). ALSO im not advertising anything on that forum, except my web pratice, so please, pass by your points to yourself, thank you.
For how long have you been a customer there?

Latest Threads