50K copying Forex and Crypto Trades

Bank Accounts, Company Formations, Tax Planning, Residency Solutions, and more
CALL US ON +971 50 4467827 - TO SETUP YOUR NON-CRS COMPANY STRUCTURE IN DUBAI.

Moulaga

Hello everyone,

I’d like to invest 50K USD on Forex and Crypto (short trading).. but I’m not an expert.
Are there any platforms like eToro where we can copy mainly Forex and Crypto trades ?
Thanks ln advance for your help

Moulaga

Thank you guys. @maxmmm May I know why it’s risky ? Isn’t copying real and traders with large experience less risky then playing on my own ?
What would be your recommendation to invest 50-100K instead ?

Silvio

Entrepreneur
Thank you guys. @maxmmm May I know why it’s risky ? Isn’t copying real and traders with large experience less risky then playing on my own ?
Trading Forex on your own is a recipe for destruction for sure.

Copying traders is slightly better, the problem with copying traders is due to survivor bias. Out of 1000s+ of traders on the platform there will always be 20 or so traders that made money over time, but you don't know if they did it due to skill or luck, and if their performance will continue in the future. Not really an investment, more like an intelligent gamble. Be careful of traders with very high win rate, these usually take huge losses and very small wins.

Davis123

Entrepreneur
As a forex trader myself my best advice to you is to learn it by yourself. Take some paid courses in an institution than simply copy trade. Trading forex is very risky and involves technical skills plus MM. Copy trading has not helped me or anyone. Learn it on your own. If Forex, commodity was that easy 95 percent of the traders would not be washing out their accounts and quitting the market. :). Learn from someone who has learnt the hard way.

JimBeam

Entrepreneur
That ZuluTrade site looks like an unregulated site: no company name, no license number, poor about us page...
So looks dodgy to me... So be careful about this...

About the whole concept, I followed this guy a bit earlier this year so you might want to take a look at his blog and his real life experiences in copy trading (stocks not forex).

It's a risky thing so I wouldn't recommend going all 50k in...
If you are willing to risk it - go with couple K you can afford to loose and use it for at least 6 months before you decide to do anything crazy...

mediumrare

Your odds are better in Monte Carlo if you're looking for a quick double! If you want to invest (vs. speculate) I'd go for some cheap out of favour stuff that the ESG people hate, i.e. energy and tobacco. OXY and BATS are two of my holdings, throw in a bit of DLTR. If you really want to juice your returns buy some deep in the money LEAPS. I've done that with DLTR.

Davis123

Entrepreneur
That ZuluTrade site looks like an unregulated site: no company name, no license number, poor about us page...
So looks dodgy to me... So be careful about this...

About the whole concept, I followed this guy a bit earlier this year so you might want to take a look at his blog and his real life experiences in copy trading (stocks not forex).

It's a risky thing so I wouldn't recommend going all 50k in...
If you are willing to risk it - go with couple K you can afford to loose and use it for at least 6 months before you decide to do anything crazy...
As a forex trader I don't keep everything in one account. Brokers like to manipulate candles often. I have seen that with BTC this week with my broker. Similar thing happened years ago in Jpy pairs. All of a sudden market simply crashed and their stop losses didn't hit too although they had put in SL on their trades.

Goodman

There is only 1 service I would use, which produces significant gains with almost no risk. There is a team of traders I worked with doing economic news trading, they are trading their own accounts and also need more accounts with some particular brokers, thing is that brokers limit maximum liquidity available to each separate account at news time and if you trade many smaller accounts same time you get a lot better execution and prices than trading 1 big account, they have their own software to trade many accounts same time. I worked with them pre-covid and earned more than 100k EUR, after covid started they stopped trading as market structure changed just to be on safe side, now they are back on track. Profit share is 50%. They will give you list of brokers where they need accounts and recommend deposit amount, invoice of profit share payment should be paid once a month, average profit each month is variable 10-100%, on some rare occasions can be slight loss month, but in longer term always profit. This is not service available to general public, but I can try to introduce to it in private. This kind of investment requires some effort and time as you will need often open new accounts and move money, also it's available only to investors located in non-sanctioned jurisdictions of course and also not to US residents because most of the brokers refuse to open accounts. At one time I had about 30 accounts in different brokers working same time and it was like half time job managing just money flow and taxes also of course, but it all paid off well.

Goodman

Let me guess, you are part of this team ns2
haha I would like to, but it requires very specific knowledge and skills so only as investor and few years ago, right now I have different things to do, this kind of investments is time consuming also, but if anyone wants to try I can check with them

JohnnyDoe

Mentor Group Gold
It’s amazing how people keep looking for ways to lose their money!
It’s more fun, and informative, to lose money by your own initiative rather than by copying someone else.
Statistically (90%) you will lose all your money. If you give me 50% of your money, I guarantee that I will do better than 90% of all traders - that is, you will lose only 50% instead of 100%. thu&¤#

Goodman

It’s amazing how people keep looking for ways to lose their money!
It’s more fun, and informative, to lose money by your own initiative rather than by copying someone else.
Statistically (90%) you will lose all your money. If you give me 50% of your money, I guarantee that I will do better than 90% of all traders - that is, you will lose only 50% instead of 100%. thu&¤#
hahaha , these kind of statistics can apply to unprofessional retail traders just averaging account count even small accounts all together, but there is also professionals who use completely different approach and technology, fast news feed alone cost several thousands EUR a month ..

JohnnyDoe

Mentor Group Gold
hahaha , these kind of statistics can apply to unprofessional retail traders just averaging account count even small accounts all together, but there is also professionals who use completely different approach and technology, fast news feed alone cost several thousands EUR a month ..
I know plenty of guys who thought that a Bloomberg terminal, fiber optic and a lot of monitors are sufficient for making money. Equipment alone doesn’t make you a professional, unfortunately.

Goodman

I know plenty of guys who thought that a Bloomberg terminal, fiber optic and a lot of monitors are sufficient for making money. Equipment alone doesn’t make you a professional, unfortunately.
agree, but consistent big figure results for at least several years make I think, also only 2 types of strategies brought in a lot of money for me, first several years ago was latency arbitrage until brokers realized that they don't want to lose money and banned it, few even went bancrupt, and then news trading which is working until today if done correctly, and that's all, so it's no surprise you even don't know anyone trading successfully, it's rare, but it is.

JohnnyDoe

Mentor Group Gold
agree, but consistent big figure results for at least several years make I think, also only 2 types of strategies brought in a lot of money for me, first several years ago was latency arbitrage until brokers realized that they don't want to lose money and banned it, few even went bancrupt, and then news trading which is working until today if done correctly, and that's all, so it's no surprise you even don't know anyone trading successfully, it's rare, but it is.
I know a couple of guys who make money by trading their own capital, and those guys will never share their strategies, or let anyone copy them, even at gunpoint.

mediumrare

Your odds are better in Monte Carlo if you're looking for a quick double! If you want to invest (vs. speculate) I'd go for some cheap out of favour stuff that the ESG people hate, i.e. energy and tobacco. OXY and BATS are two of my holdings, throw in a bit of DLTR. If you really want to juice your returns buy some deep in the money LEAPS. I've done that with DLTR.

Update since my recommendation about a year ago:

OXY +96%
BATS +37%
DLTR +53% (The LEAPS I mentioned returned about 200%)

I sold BATS and the DLTR LEAPS, still holding OXY.

Want a new recommendation? BRK.B 2024 LEAPS, JEF and FFH.TO (unfortunately no options available). If you want to get fancy and have big enough margin you can fund the BRK.B LEAPS by writing BRK.B puts, that is what I am doing.

Last edited:

Latest Threads