Our valued sponsor

A Contrarian Analysis: Will Putin Survive?

This information is a summary from an email that I received this morning from an experienced financial analyst with a military background who also does geo-political analysis. He runs The Macro Ops Collective. He compiled this information from many sources, including eye-witness sources on the ground in Ukraine. I post this information for what it is worth. It provides a contrarian view of what many people assume is happening with the Ukraine crisis. His comments are cited immediately below:

I've been too engaged with the Ukraine-Russia events these past few days to finish the reports I've been working on. I hope to get those out soon (as well as catch up on some sleep!). But I wanted to share some quick thoughts / observations with you in the meantime. This is quick and rough riff, so please excuse the disjointedness.

• Invasion update:
    • It’s difficult to imagine how this invasion could be going any worse for Putin.
    • His conventional military, which western intel has long known to be sclerotic and rife with corruption, has proven to be considerably worse than even the most pessimistic assessments (ie, armament has been ditched on roadsides due to lack of fuel because commanders had been pawning it off before the invasion)
    • It’s day four of the invasion and Russia still doesn’t have air superiority, which to any armchair military strategist, is astonishing.
    • Credible tallies already put Russian deaths at over 3,000, and potentially much higher.
    • Its military strategy to date has been terrible. Its execution even worse.
    • The only credible explanation at this point is that Putin and his commanders believed their own propaganda. And so their military quite literally expected to be welcomed into Kyiv as liberators. This is not hyperbole. It is the most probable conclusion when objectively analyzing the invasion strategy if one can even call what they’ve executed so far, a strategy.
    • The Ukrainian people are some of the baddest motherfuckers alive — that is my full professional assessment. And my heart goes out to them completely.
    • Ukraine-Russia negotiations are currently going on at the Belarus border. Putin has lost much of his leverage, which is why he is now standing up his nuclear forces on the border.
    • This is terrifying because recent events show that Putin is not mentally well or at the least, not a totally rational actor. We've long known that he's suffered from a serious auto-immune disease, potentially Parkinson and maybe cancer. So the probability of him using nukes is not zero.
    • If current negotiations fail (which they likely will) Putin is likely to go full Assad on the Ukrainian people. TOS-1 launchers (incredibly destructive thermobaric missiles) have been stationed outside of major civilian centers for this purpose. This is terrifying and I hope it doesn't come to pass.
    • I believe it's high odds that Putin will be found dead of “natural causes” within the coming months. Regime change is looking more and more likely.
  • Geopolitical ramifications:
    • There is no outcome where this now doesn’t end up as a complete and utter disaster for Putin and the Russian people.
    • Even if Russian forces level Kyiv and gain concessions on territorial and security control over Ukraine. They are now a complete and total international pariah. Just as importantly, the perception of Russia as a credible “superpower” has been completely shattered.
    • These events have woken up Western leaders in a way that’s been gravely needed. And it is likely to have long-lasting positive ramifications for the western alliance / democracy / NATO, etc...
    • Russia is going to be booted off of SWIFT (with energy carveouts) and the ability of the Russian central bank to access the global financial system will be greatly hindered. This will block access to a large portion of the foreign reserves that so many Russia bulls had been pointing to over the last month. Those reserves mean little when they’re denominated in euros and sitting within EU banks that now can’t be accessed. And that gold isn’t worth much if you don’t have counterparties to sell it to.
    • China is watching this and not liking any of it. This puts them in a tough spot. It's very likely that Putin made Xi aware of his plans on Ukraine while at the Olympics. And it's likely Xi gave his blessing with the belief that this would be similar to Crimea instead of the international debacle it now is.
  • Additional observations:
    • Twitter is the most valuable/powerful media/social/information platform in the world (which is not even remotely reflected in its earnings or stock price yet).
    • Twitter has allowed the real-time dissemination of valuable on-the-ground multi-source reporting. I’ve been sitting in Twitter spaces that include former US SpecOps who are in country, Ukrainian reporters and NGOs, anonymous USIC personnel, and Russian-Ukraine academics/policy makers.
    • This organic collective force has been used to continuously update real-time OSINT (open-source intelligence) in the public sphere. Which, is then being used to great benefit by western and Ukrainian intelligence.
    • This has also powerfully catalyzed the Western response. Real-time unfiltered multi-media of Russia’s atrocities sparked a swift and collective moral outrage amongst the public. This has knocked Western leaders out of their catatonic stupor in a way that would not have been possible without this free flow of information.
    • What was once Putin’s most effective weapon against the West — our allowance for free and open debate and sharing of information — has been completely turned against him in an incredibly powerful way.
  • Market thoughts:
    • Lots of vol and noise this coming week
    • The ruble is toast
    • Stay in high cash and remain nimble/tactical in trades
    • Some beaten down tech/growth names are looking very appealing here (more on this later this week)

If they do this (act of taking sides and stop being neutral), it will be a silent earthquake similar to them ending their banking secrecy for the developed world. (note: the banking secrecy for the developing world is still there)

It would tarnish its already crashed reputation as safe heaven and further the places downfall into eu mediocrity.

In deagel which is run by US and has been put in hidden mode 2 years ago it predicted ukraine having a ppp of $5000 and a lot of less people in 2025.
So to achieve that kind of destroyment this war needs to go on for a bit.
$5000 is like the ppp from india before the pandemic

Singapore to Sanction Russia in ‘Almost Unprecedented’ Move​

Last imposed unilateral sanctions in 1978…

Singapore to Sanction Russia in ‘Almost Unprecedented’ Move​

Last imposed unilateral sanctions in 1978…

Singapore could and will never be able to overtake Switzerland in its role. Since LKY died, the place has gone downhill.
They had good cards of being the new neutral ground.
So who is left in the world as neutral ground?

Singapore could and will never be able to overtake Switzerland in its role. Since LKY died, the place has gone downhill.
They had good cards of being the new neutral ground.
So who is left in the world as neutral ground?
It is hard to remain neutral in a world of evil, because you might be next. Switzerland could remain neutral because of its unique geography, the fact that its could cut itself off from the world by simply dynamiting a few mountain passes, and the fact that it had a long tradition of a citizen's militia armed to the teeth.

That does not work in a post-nuclear world where madmen are placing nuclear forces on high alert for no other reasons than the sanctions they have incurred by attacking another sovereign nation.

Singapore can no longer afford to remain neutral in the face of an aggressive communist China that threatens every nation in the region -- and which is now aligning itself with Russia. Aggression and evil forces peoples' hands. For they know that they might be next.

If they do this (act of taking sides and stop being neutral), it will be a silent earthquake similar to them ending their banking secrecy for the developed world. (note: the banking secrecy for the developing world is still there)

It would tarnish its already crashed reputation as safe heaven and further the places downfall into eu mediocrity.
Switzerland is just another American colony.

Reactions: EuroKiss and daxbr
Additional observations:
  • Twitter is the most valuable/powerful media/social/information platform in the world (which is not even remotely reflected in its earnings or stock price yet).
  • Twitter has allowed the real-time dissemination of valuable on-the-ground multi-source reporting. I’ve been sitting in Twitter spaces that include former US SpecOps who are in country, Ukrainian reporters and NGOs, anonymous USIC personnel, and Russian-Ukraine academics/policy makers.
  • This organic collective force has been used to continuously update real-time OSINT (open-source intelligence) in the public sphere. Which, is then being used to great benefit by western and Ukrainian intelligence.
haha twitter great source of insightful information rof/%

I don't take any side but this text was written by some clown in my opinion

Reactions: EuroKiss
It looks clearly more and more like a coop.
Swiss and singapore basicly kicking out russians ,sanctions on russian people in england etc.......
Like preparing to close the blocks and getting again into a multipolar world.

It looks clearly more and more like a coop.
Swiss and singapore basicly kicking out russians ,sanctions on russian people in england etc.......
Like preparing to close the blocks and getting again into a multipolar world.
Typical humanity. The Russians warned the West -- and the West did not listen. The West warned the Russians -- and the Russians did not listen. You cannot really blame Ukraine for wanting to join NATO, considering the hundreds of years of Russian aggression.

The West should have simply said that Ukraine will never join NATO and then maintained a buffer zone. But that still does not excuse a Russian invasion. I thought that the troop movements were a mere bargaining chip. I was truly shocked by the invasion. I hope that it blows up in Putin's face.

Reactions: Silvio
Typical humanity. The Russians warned the West -- and the West did not listen. The West warned the Russians -- and the Russians did not listen. You cannot really blame Ukraine for wanting to join NATO, considering the hundreds of years of Russian aggression.

The West should have simply said that Ukraine will never join NATO and then maintained a buffer zone. But that still does not excuse a Russian invasion. I thought that the troop movements were a mere bargaining chip. I was truly shocked by the invasion. I hope that it blows up in Putin's face.
first of all its a clear fault of ukraine and nato.They created the issue themself.
However i still belive its manufactured by all parties so we get back into multipolar blocks.Remember the high walls east europe is building to belarus/russia.
We will have clearly blocks again like we had in the 70's and early 80's which can't be crossed without the right passport.

Reactions: EuroKiss
first of all its a clear fault of ukraine and nato.They created the issue themself.
However i still belive its manufactured by all parties so we get back into multipolar blocks.Remember the high walls east europe is building to belarus/russia.
We will have clearly blocks again like we had in the 70's and early 80's which can't be crossed without the right passport.
Where will the Latam countries stay in the end?

In general I agree with your statement, it is just so convenient, after all the C19 backlash & news, that Russia is attacking Ukraine. No more news about the maple leaf dictator, hgh inflation, vax passes in Europe, US etc. Next step Cyber Polygon.... ah I mean Russian hacker attacks. Which leads to demand of more security and monitoring of decentralized crypto and the implimentation of CBDCs.

More surveillance, control in every corner of the world, so the Elite profit. It is all a big puppet show.

haha twitter great source of insightful information rof/%

I don't take any side but this text was written by some clown in my opinion
then you obviously do not understand the importance of unfiltered, real time information.

Yeah, totally Ukraine's fault for wanting to have some alliance for protection against Russian aggression. Then again totally their fault for Russia invading
eyeroll.jpeg

then you obviously do not understand the importance of unfiltered, real time information.

Yeah, totally Ukraine's fault for wanting to have some alliance for protection against Russian aggression. Then again totally their fault for Russia invading View attachment 3287
If you don't know history of Ukraine i would stop the pseudo irony.
Crimea was taken from russia against their will and without any voting and given to ukraine to create conflicts and weaken russia.
This kind of tactic is being used from US and UK for ages which you can see everywhere in the world where they had influence.
If you think Russia would allow to deploy weapons near crimea to lose their most strategic point for their marina than you must be simple stupid.
Would the US allow to install weapons near their marina to make them useless ?