Our valued sponsor

A Crisis Is a Terrible Thing to Waste

I think year 2009 is a year of financial reforms.There is no doubt about it. I have similar views with the radio address of US president Mr. Barrack Obama to discover great opportunity in the midst of great crisis. I don't think Obama Obama Administration offered half-measures.

Hello

CPAs hold a special place in clients’ hearts, as well as a unique positioning in the marketplace. “They can trust you,” says Garrett. “They need to feel comfortable confiding in you.”

But you need to be available to them, even if it is your busy season. Clients, she says, “must be able to get a hold of you. You are there to help guide them through this tumultuous time.”

She advises CPAs to use their CPA skills and their reputations as CPAs to their client’s advantage. “Clients think of you as a very analytical person,” she says. “Accounting is very black and white. There is right and wrong. There are deadlines. In this economic environment, as well as in an individual’s personal financial life, most things are not so clear.”

But clients also need your human side too. So don’t be afraid to get personal. In fact, that’s exactly what many clients want and need right now “Clients need to feel your compassionate, empathic side,” she says. “Communicate with your clients frequently, even if it’s to say, ‘we’ve never seen anything like this, we don’t know what’s going to happen in the short-term; however we do know that basic financial planning principals have never been more important… I’m here if you want to talk about your situation or answer any questions that you may have.’ ”

Latest Threads