Our valued sponsor

Accept payments with Stripe having personal account

agungbule

Jun 9, 2021
Bali
Visit site
Hi there!
I'd like to check with you few things, would be great to hear your feedback.
I am just beginning with my online business (online school), I would like to accept payments with my personal(individual) stripe account (EU resident). Later on when I start getting payments I plan to send them to my personal Revolut account.
1) What is the limit for receiving payments?
2) When will I potentially get troubles? (eg. Local taxes, blocking my account)

Thanks a lot!

P.S. Is there any other way to accept payments by being an individual?

I am just beginning with my online business (online school), I would like to accept payments with my personal(individual) stripe account (EU resident). Later on when I start getting payments I plan to send them to my personal Revolut account.
That's fine. It's possible to open a Stripe account as a natural person. You might need to be a sole proprietor, though, but that's a pretty simple registration.

1) What is the limit for receiving payments?
There is no limit, but if you process large sums or grow quickly they might ask for supporting documents (agreements, invoices).

2) When will I potentially get troubles? (eg. Local taxes, blocking my account)
No, of course not. Just pay your taxes and you'll be fine.

Blocking of the account shouldn't happen as long as you can provide all supporting documents they might ask for, and provided that what you do is compliant with the terms and conditions.

P.S. Is there any other way to accept payments by being an individual?
Depends on volume. If it's no more than a few hundred per month, a personal account with PayPal is usually fine.

Otherwise, if your customers are comfortable with it, crypto is easy.

Reactions: troubled soul

Latest Threads