Our valued sponsor

Advice on where to incorporate for a Amazon business

justsomeguy

Aug 1, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I operate a Amazon business and are looking for a country to run my business from. I was initially going to incorporate in hong kong, however the complex reporting requirements and high auditing and accounting costs made me think otherwise. I am now thinking BVI might be my best option.

Are there any users here that run a Amazon business or similar and would be able to give me some direction.

The main difference between HK and BVI is that because HK has a legitimate accounting/audit and tax structure it is considerably better respected by banks and I suspect by Amazon than BVI which has no such formalities. The same applies for any of the jurisdictions where no tax or accounting exists and which look attractive but can create issues for you to trade or open banking. My advice would no to be put off by the regulatory compliance aspect of some locations as this can in fact work in your favour despite costing a little more.

Reactions: Bmw850
Actually now that i think about it...

You might have a point, as i am a non-us individual the LLC would be tax exempt with me as the owner also. So i guess the Seychelles company just unnecessarily complicates things.
That's correct, it does not work like this. The forum is actually full of post about similar topics. If you incorporate your business say in the Seychelles but don't live there nor doing business there and you can't proof the control and management to be in the Seychelles, then no tax office will accept it to be non taxable for your person. All income in the company will be your personal income and taxed as such.

Latest Threads