american express and discover debit cards

juliareyes

Do American Express and Discover debit cards have the same policies as visa and mastercard? I made another thread but regarding visa and mastercard and they replied back saying that it is basically smurfing.... I made that post because I did not know if by using a debit card that has someone elses name, I would be violating any bank regulations or any imposing u.s. tax laws since I live here in the United States but the trustee that is managing my offshore trust lives in Fiji. Why would they say that it is basically smurfing when no one is trying to do anything illegal in the first place? It would be like me giving my son my credit card so that he can purchase a lacoste polo shirt, levis shirt or levis corduroy pants, or nike sneakers.........! Why would insinuate that I am trying to smurf or do anything illegal then? I am sorry but I am confused here and why an accusation of such a nature would be thrown at me? I was only trying to ask a very legitimate question and someone got offended by what i asked! It was never my intention to offend anyone and on the contrary I was trying to be a more educated consumer and not attempt at violating any terms and conditions imposed by either visa, mastercard, american express, or discover debit cards. Why would it be any different if I gave my son my permission to use a credit card to make personal purchases at a lacoste boutique, niketown, or a levis store????? Anyone kind enough to explain? Anyone or somebody?

Sols

Building Trust
Entrepreneur
Yes, the same rules apply to American Express and Discover/Diners. And JCB, China UnionPay, MIR, and all other card schemes.

If the card is in someone else's name, only they are authorised to use the card.

juliareyes

Yes, the same rules apply to American Express and Discover/Diners. And JCB, China UnionPay, MIR, and all other card schemes.

If the card is in someone else's name, only they are authorised to use the card.
What if a trustee has the same name and last name as owner of trust? What then? Rsvp

Sols

Building Trust
Entrepreneur
There is no difference. The card is issued for a specific person. Whether that person shares name with someone else is irrelevant. The card issuer will have the intended card holder's name, date of birth, and address on file.

juliareyes

There is no difference. The card is issued for a specific person. Whether that person shares name with someone else is irrelevant. The card issuer will have the intended card holder's name, date of birth, and address on file.
So, if the card is being used in a different part of the world almost all the time then red flags will come up then? Is this, what you are telling me then? Rsvp.