Our valued sponsor

Armenia CBI

backpacker

Pro Member
May 1, 2021
Visit site
Often rumored, in 2017 about to get enacted, than scrapped due to "revolution", now unveiled:
Conditions of the new Armenia CBI -> Armenian Govt. Unveils Decision to Offer Citizenship for $150,000 Investment in Property, Bonds, Shares, Funds, and More - Investment Migration Insider

Quite obvious that this will be successful, specifically given the current geopolitical situation. And it is welcome competion for Georgia.
However, do not get to exited: Armenia taxes worldwide income -> Question - Armenia - weird CGT

Last edited:
Reactions: Marie Manila
Ok it doesn’t sound that convincing. It says “generally”.

I know poker player Dan Bilzerian did obtain Armenian citizenship by decent (google it) - and although he is a dual American + Armenian now, he did have to sign up to the military. Did he do it for fun ?
If a 22 year old American of Armenian decent applies for Armenian citizenship and than settles in Yerevan, he will most likely have to serve. If he is 42 years old, not.

This is a CBI program. People of Armenian decent do not apply for it. Generally speaking, people below 35 should not even try to apply for this program.
So, case solved.

Dan Bilzerian: It was him who wanted to sign up. Both, citizenship + serving in the army, was the intention of this well publicized media event.

Remember that Armenia lost badly in the recent war.

So unless I am 55+ I would not feel super confident with this citizenship.
Unless they clearly exempt CBI investors from even signing up at the military office.

Why 55 years ?

Vardanyan and Partners mentions on their website:

„If you are a male below the age of 55 you may have to register with the military office“.

Which means you most likely have to sign up. The simple fact that you are in that registry is not good.

Attachments

• C87B592E-63D7-4015-8DA9-C6FA17A3743C.jpeg
    C87B592E-63D7-4015-8DA9-C6FA17A3743C.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 9
Remember that Armenia lost badly in the recent war.

So unless I am 55+ I would not feel super confident with this citizenship.
Unless they clearly exempt CBI investors from even signing up at the military office.

Why 55 years ?

Vardanyan and Partners mentions on their website:

„If you are a male below the age of 55 you may have to register with the military office“.

Which means you most likely have to sign up. The simple fact that you are in that registry is not good.
Yah, that looks not all too good indeed for below 55.

Latest Threads