Our valued sponsor

Artificial intelligence will destroy ‘laptop class’ workers

Martin Everson

Offshore Retiree
Jan 2, 2018
Visit site
And what will those be?

Right now, prompt engineer looks like a nice skill to have. I've been talking to a few programmers and ChatGPT-4 is solving some small tasks in 0.1 seconds, that are not super-easy for human programmers. I have experienced this in one case, so far.

In the near future, being a good human guide for AGI models will likely be a useful and well rewarded role.

The speed of development could become exponential, as AI begets AI. It is very hard to predict what this means for the "laptop class", when AGI models are interacting with the outside world and deploying further AGI models.

Reactions: troubled soul
I never took developers working on a laptop solely serious anyway (never hire people working on MacBooks, that is the easiest give-away). Either they don't understand cybersec, or they never took the time to learn Linux. Not sure what is worse.
Than you take most business even less serious which run on windows and use windows servers or bank atms which use win2k or xp lol ;)
There is also "no time to learn" Linux these days. It can be used just like other os, without knowing all commands etc back and forth.

Than you take most business even less serious which run on windows and use windows servers or bank atms which use win2k or xp lol ;)
There is also "no time to learn" Linux these days. It can be used just like other os, without knowing all commands etc back and forth.
I was kidding around here. Never miss an opportunity to ignite Windows vs Linux debates online (and a chance to bash Apple).

• Haha
Reactions: TheCryptoAnt

Latest Threads