Our valued sponsor

Bank account for digital nomads working globaly?

drumsta

Mar 21, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone! I need to set up a bank account for collecting payments from my clients located globally in EUR, USD, and GBP and can withdraw money through an ATM, with low rates and high limits. I am also a cryptocurrency trader and would like to use that account for fiat deposits. Can you even open a personal offshore bank account these day's or would I need to set up a company at first?

Reactions: TurnedToRobot
Welcome aboard :)

It is possible to open a personal account but unlikely they will approve it unless you provide the bank with a long explaining business description.

What you are looking for is to setup a company somewhere in Europe in order to use an EMI before your crypto money hits your regular account. Some good EMI's can be Kraken and Mister Tango which allow you to exchange Crypto to FIAT. Both have no debit card but you are able to transfer your money to your own bank account which may have a debit- or credit card.

Forget about anonymity in such setups it won't work since all EMI's will report you also if you hide behing a offshore company.

Reactions: chilly willy
I saw Mr. Peter Zipper of Caye Bank International in Belize give a nice presentation at a Live and Invest Overseas Conference held in Quito, Ecuador in February 2013. I opened an account with Mr. Zipper's bank later that year after returning home to California.

I never put a lot of money in the personal checking account that I opened with Mr. Zipper's bank--I opened the account, for example, with nine thousand US dollars (US$9000). That is the maximum that I ever held at the bank.

My last withdrawal was in the Fall of 2013, at which time I withdrew some three thousand US dollars (US$3000).

Owing to the inactivity on my account, the bank put my account in dormant accounts. They did this without contacting me by phone, email or snail mail.

I am now trying to close my account. I have been corresponding with each of Mmes. Hazel Gutierrez and Mariela Marin. Since Caye Bank has a new correspondent bank, it is apparently taking some time--this is the bank's explanation, in any case,--to close accounts.

I am not sure if that is the full explanation since I have been trying since early December 2018 to close my account, which now only has eight hundred and seventy-five US dollars (US $875) in it. In the past four months, the bank has asked for numerous documents from me to close my account--some of which it was already in possession of from 2015. Since I moved, for example, the bank asked for a utility bill from my new address.

I have had a lot of trouble having emails and phone calls returned regarding the closure of my account, even though I have diligently responded to the increasingly onerous requests for more and more information. I should note that owing to how my household was packed and moved--by my then and current housemate, and not by me--some of my account information--mainly my account password--was lost. Also, the email address that I used in 2013 to open the account has been shut down. That should not, however, to my mind necessitate almost a third of a year--almost a full four months--to close a small personal checking account.

In a way, I am not surprised. I had considerable customer service issues opening the account and had to get Live and Invest Overseas's Lief Simon and Kathleen Peddicord involved to get my account opened.

I have never done any foreign investment transactions, held money in a foreign currency or had any sort of transactions with the bank that would be considered remotely complicated. Rather, I simply held a relatively small amount of money in US dollars.

Can you tell me if there are any government officials that I should involve--I have written the Belize Consulate here in the US, but have not heard back--and what I should do?

If I ever decide to do any offshore banking in Belize again, can you recommend a bank that has better customer service?

I have never received an explanation as to why I can't get a direct wire from Caye Bank to a personal checking account with a US bank to close my Caye Bank checking account--i.e. why even use an intermediary bank?

How on earth did Caye Bank get so many glowing google.com reviews?

fake all fake.. can easely be ordered for less than a few hundred $$

fake all fake.. can easely be ordered for less than a few hundred $$

Yup just like EPB reviews all of a sudden they are all glowing and then any criticism is reported and deleted on trust pilot ns2.

I am thinking of opening an IBC on Seychelles and then open a corporate bank account elsewhere, but ultimately I don't need a corporation I would just open it if I have to, to use offshore banking. I am researching for week's now and I still can't find a straight answer or a reputable, trustworthy consulting company which is why I still don't know how to approach this matter. On the majority of the consulting companies websites, I see that the partner banks are s**t, like Euro Pacific Bank or the one at Belize that was closed down.

The other key point is that I am not US or EU citizen so I cannot use the standard expat options or the minimum deposit is very high (like for example at HSBC where the minimum has gone up to 50k).

Who has ever heard of Treynor State Bank in Iowa?

lol smi(&%

Unfortunately Caye has to take what correspondence bank they can get in 2019. No sensible bank in US is willing to work with Belize banks any more. The bank probably only accepted Caye as a client with the enhanced due diligence on every payment as a caveat. It will get processed in the end hopefully

I would find an EMI like Mister Tango, TransferWise borderless or similar services until you have sufficient with money to load a regular bank account.

Reactions: chilly willy
Open normal bank account in poland, no limits, euro usd and gbr, very low cost and no complaince. Forget about emi and s**t like belize or seicheles.
And you will have to go to Poland? and you say in Poland you can bank anonymous?

Hi OP,

I have a few options from personal experience. Apologize if i miss the mark but good info nontheless.

The first one would depend if you're a USA citizen. If you are, Stewart's site (not a plug) is a good resource for free info.

Basically, his advice is to form an LLC pass through entity in USA that is owned by a Belize company. From my recent call with another Belize incorporation services I was told IBC now requires you to show that you're paying tax somewhere else but Belize LLC does not. Both still hide your identity though.

You can probably set up a Payoneer or Transferwise card to receive payments or dump paypal money into it (not sure about the paypal portion). But the transferwise international card has the lowest withdrawal fees and only available to some European and USA citizens.

Second option, this is what I use currently, is Hong Kong corp with a NEAT business and personal account. I sell on Amazon in every country they are and I use WorldFirst to receive my money locally. Then I wire that money for about 2-3% fee to the Hong Kong corp. In terms of taxes, I file an exemption every year since I don't do any business in Hong Kong. It cost me about $800 to maintain the corp yearly and $500-600 to file the exemption every year.

In regards to Belize banks, I've also heard personal friends tell me how s**t and unreliable they are.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: TurnedToRobot
Did I missed anything here. What 's the problem to open an EMI account for your business @drumsta ?

The other thing is that I am not striving to become an expat - a tax resident in my country and living abroad, but a nomad with no tax residence so an offshore personal bank account would be best in my opinion. I have started looking more into banking in Vanuatu (ANZ bank) as they offer no initial deposits and a straight forward application process with online banking and debit card, although I am still not sure how do they conduct business with non-residence. Can anyone confirm that I can open a personal bank account in Vanuatu and what are your experiences?

This has proven to be such a nightmare. I am actually wanting to conduct the legal business of sending and receiving the money I earn through the internet into my bank account and having the excess to my hard earned money. Is that hard to ask?