Our valued sponsor

Barclays in Seychelles has increased the minimum balance requirement; I'm in need of a new offshore banking option!

lavel

Offshore Agent
Mentor Group Gold
Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I just got informed that Barclays in the Seychelles rised the minum balance for corporate bank accounts to USD 100,000 and personal accounts to USD 50,000 this is much more than what I have in my account on a annual basis
frown.png
Can anyone please suggest a new offshore bank which don't have these insane minum deposit amounts?

Here is what I got from Barclays Bank in the Seychelles:

Dear Esteemed Customer

Barclays Bank (Seychelles) Ltd a member of the Barclays Group has been pioneering in providing world class service to all our customers including those in the offshore sector. We continously strive to find ways to bring world class banking facilities to our customers.

As part of our continuous endeavour to improve customer service, we are introducing new minimum balance tresholds. These tresholds are being introduced to strengthen the personalised services we provide to you. Account non maintenance fees will also be revised.

The new minimum balance are as indicated below:
Personal Offshore accounts: USD 50,000 or equivalent
Corporate Offshore accounts: USD 100,000 or equivalent

For existing customers, these will be applicable from 01st October 2011 while for new customers; it is applicable with immediate effect,

Accordingly, with effect from 01st October 2011, a minimum balance debit fee of USD 100/ - per month will be charged on any accounts which fall below the minimum balance requirement.

In addition to the changes mentioned above, we are also reducing the time required to fund new accounts from 8 weeks to 4 weeks. We will be comelled to close any new account which remains unfundet at the end of the 4 week period from the date of opening.

We thank you for your understanding and continued support and we remain at your disposal for any support or clarification that you may require.

I have been forced to rewrite the letter I got since I can't copy/paste it therefore any typos goes on me

Reactions: alley and happyjohn
Well well.. when did they inform you about this? as far as I have been informed this bank does not have any foreign customers any longer since last year or the year beforeange¤%&

Must be very old information because I know I read for a few years ago long before I get into it that Barclays bank stopped accepting foreign clients and close all accounts.

Latest Threads