Our valued sponsor

Belize company general questions

Hobbit

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
Hi,
i got advised to register a belize offshore company for hiding my identity towards my customers and game-developers (it was about little services for mobile games).

I'm completely unexperiences and have a few questions, maybe you can help :)

About declaring the income to my home country - would it be best to officially act as an employee? Or how exactly is the relationship between you and your offshore exactly regarding paying taxes when having a nominee shareholder?

What will happen in case one of the game-devs decides to try to send a cease and desist declaration? Do they get stuck at the offshore company?

Having a belize company lets you save the VAT because there is none in Belize?

Do you know of any good provider for getting such a company including a bank account in a reasonable amount of time?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: JohnLocke
Declaring your income to your home country: I highly doubt you'd wanna do that, as an employee or not. The reason is because YOU are the "Mind and Management" of your company, which means all of the company's profits will get taxed as if it was a company in your home country.
Regardless if you are an employee of said company, or not.

The "proper" way to do this is to have "Mind, Management and Control" offshore. Meaning your offshore company has:

1) offices in the offshore jurisdiction
2) at least one employee in the offshore jurisdiction (not you)
3) directors and decisionmakers in the offshore jurisdiction (or any jurisdiction OUTSIDE your current home country)
4) have one hell of a good tax lawyer in your home country to prove that you do NOT control the company, and all the above points with certainty to your local government/IRS.

The burden of these alone make it non-viable unless you already make (and keep on continuing making) a lot of profit.

The alternative is 100% Anon. They do cost to start, but then you are one comfortable man, away from EVERYONE'S eyes. The mechanics of such can unfortunately not be discussed in non-mentor group. I am in the process of getting mine, and the second I do and it's all confirmed, I will gladly discuss with you.

Naturally, I wouldn't be comfortable giving the green light / advice / referral until I've personally done it successfully!

4) have one hell of a good tax lawyer in your home country to prove that you do NOT control the company, and all the above points with certainty to your local government/IRS.
I totally agree, this is them ost important part in your setup. You even want to consult him/her before you setup anything like this.