Our valued sponsor

Berkshire Hathaway Stock

rowena

Pro Member
Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I think it is a good time to invest stock market since markets went down and started to recovery. I am looking for something to invest for a long time(5-10 years) and planning to buy Berkshire Hathaway A class stocks. Is anyone familiar with that stock and do you know any downsides? I know that it is hard to sell because of its price but I checked history of it and it looks very promising.

Well with all due respect to Berkshire, Warren Buffet and Charlie Munger are unlikely to be around in 5-10 years :confused:. You need to figure that into things. No one also knows how the future strategy may change for Berkshire after they are gone. Past performance does not determine future performance.

I also have zero confidence in Warren Buffet at present as he has lost his touch in recent times and become very naive in his investment approach and simply is stock piling cash. He is so eager to deploy his cash pile that he even fell for the below Ponzi scheme big time...lol. He is not someone right now who is of sound investment mind imho.

Warren Buffett Was Scammed Out of $340 Million in a Ponzi Scheme

The A share class is like $280,000 a share and is not exactly that liquid and doesn't pay a dividend either. Hence you are hoping for a bigger fool to buy your $280,000 share at a future higher price...but that's how all non-dividend paying stocks work.

However on the bright side he is an industry insider so it could be a good gamble to take if your willing to accept the future uncertainty and direction Berkshire will take in 5-10 years.

Get a cheap S&P 500 ETF ? You'll do the same return:

saupload_brka-480x288.jpg

Reactions: Estek and Silvio
Why exactly do you want to buy the A-class share (one is worth $280k)?
To impress girls at the bar with your portfolio?

I don't see anything wrong with Berkshire, except maybe they are overexposed to finance (banks, insurance and more banks...). So by buying BRK (whether A-class or B-class) you are betting on the current system, on the United States and on the fact that things will go on as before without much disruption.

@Martin Everson
Yes, I agree, There are maximum 5-10 years for Buffet and this is the biggest risk for this share. It is not paying dividends I know and actually this is why I am that much interested in that stock because I need pay %30 withholding tax for dividend earnings but zero tax for capital gains as a UAE resident.

@Camille Württemberg
Berkshire stock has better performance if you exclude the last 10 years but I don't want dividend payments because of tax purposes.

@KJK
I will invest more than $280k, so why would I invest in B? and A stock is generally a little bit cheaper than B. Am I wrong?

A stock and B stock costs the same, you're trading a share in both case, it's not a fund that charges fees.

If you're going to invest more than 280k / 560k, you should maybe get a proper adviser and have a slightly diversified portfolio

A stock and B stock costs the same, you're trading a share in both case, it's not a fund that charges fees.

If you're going to invest more than 280k / 560k, you should maybe get a proper adviser and have a slightly diversified portfolio
A class share price should be B x 1500 but right now A class is $286,999.0 and B class is $191.01. It should be $484 cheaper?

My portfolio already diversified, this is for another round of investment to stocks. To be honest, I am not a fan of "advisers". I can talk to my advisor at private banking but they are generally trying to sell their own products or products that has relationships with the bank... I don't trust. If you are aware of any good professional service, I am open to suggestions.

@rowena You need to consider when investing in Berkshire that you are actually just investing in the strategy of Warren Buffet. The present underlying assets are irrelevant as those will change from time to time. You need to have 100% confidence in Berkshires investment strategy and selection. If tomorrow he decided to put all the money in Boeing and WeWork would you be comfortable with that? :( At the end of the day with Berkshire you are paying for what is nothing more than the services of a revered stock picker.

RIT Capital Partners (RCP.L) aka Rothschild Investment Trust or Rothschild investment strategy is another such company listed on LSE. It is worthwhile reading their Annual report they published some days ago and seeing the positions and strategy and comparing it to Berkshire i.e Rothschilds Vs Warren Buffet strategy smi(&%

Reactions: Gediminas
@Martin Everson
Yes, they are basically managing invested money on behalf of their investors, they can invest anywhere but my problem is my cash assets are sleeping/growing at brokerage accounts(USD and EUR) and I am transferring my business income to those accounts every month. I want to invest at least half of that cash to long term low-risk investments.

RCP looks like a good option for GBP based investing. I don't have GBP cash but I will check it.

Seems even Bill Gates is selling Berkshire Hathaway ... RIP

And also left the board in March

If you thinking 10 years down the road there are newer and more relevant investors to follow. The world will be dominated by digital giants. Buffet does not have this technical knowledge.

If you thinking 10 years down the road there are newer and more relevant investors to follow. The world will be dominated by digital giants. Buffet does not have this technical knowledge.

Very true.

I am not sure stock picking as an investment strategy will work either for Berkshire going forward as world is different place. If your investing in tech might as well either be an angel investor in early startups or just buy some ETF's like IXN, IRBO and LIT and call it a day.

P.S This is not a recommendation at all..lol.

Reactions: uranium
@rowena You need to consider when investing in Berkshire that you are actually just investing in the strategy of Warren Buffet. The present underlying assets are irrelevant as those will change from time to time. You need to have 100% confidence in Berkshires investment strategy and selection. If tomorrow he decided to put all the money in Boeing and WeWork would you be comfortable with that? :( At the end of the day with Berkshire you are paying for what is nothing more than the services of a revered stock picker.

RIT Capital Partners (RCP.L) aka Rothschild Investment Trust or Rothschild investment strategy is another such company listed on LSE. It is worthwhile reading their Annual report they published some days ago and seeing the positions and strategy and comparing it to Berkshire i.e Rothschilds Vs Warren Buffet strategy smi(&%

Since this post was written in April 2020:

Berkshire Hathaway went up 231.23%
RIT Capital Partners went down -2.36%

dead:-!

Since this post was written in April 2020:

Berkshire Hathaway went up 231.23%
RIT Capital Partners went down -2.36%

dead:-!
After decades with BRK stocks, reading, listening, and doing everything Charlie & Warren preach, I can tell you it's improbable anyone can consistently outperform BRK.

Have you voted yet?
1711229911517.png

This year will be the first ever that the Annual Meeting will be WITHOUT Charlie (except the PLANDEMIC stupi#21 , of course). I hope Charlie did NOT take the "jab & boosters" cry&¤

Are you going too?

How about you, @uranium ???

1711230048841.png

PS. Although I hold a lot of stocks in MSFT, I'm glad Bill Gates is NO longer on BRK's board! I also hope he doesn't even show his face around there. I wouldn't be surprised if he "talked" Warren into talking Charlie to take the stupid jab.

Last edited:
After decades with BRK stocks, reading, listening, and doing everything Charlie & Warren preach, I can tell you it's improbable anyone can consistently outperform BRK.

Have you voted yet?
View attachment 6474

This year will be the first ever that the Annual Meeting will be WITHOUT Charlie (except the PLANDEMIC stupi#21 , of course). I hope Charlie did NOT take the "jab & boosters" cry&¤

Are you going too?

How about you, @uranium ???

View attachment 6475
I envy you!
Ask Warren buffett what he think of Brics and dollar dominance and how that could affect s&p 500 index.
Will s&p 500 keep generating 10% for next 50 years?

Reactions: jafo
Ask Warren buffett what he think of Brics and dollar dominance and how that could affect s&p 500 index.
Will s&p 500 keep generating 10% for next 50 years?
I'll use my one question to ask this since I had no questions to ask anyway. Also you can also submit your one question to: [email protected]

If there are several questions on the "same" topic, there is a much bigger chance of it being addressed. ;)

Hi,
I think it is a good time to invest stock market since markets went down and started to recovery.
That was a good timing.

I can tell you it's improbable anyone can consistently outperform BRK.
“a large population of random investors will almost necessarily produce someone with his track records just by luck.” (Taleb)

Reactions: jafo

Latest Threads