Our valued sponsor

Best jurisdiction in Europe to set up an Alternative Investment Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Under 500 million euros.
In certain cases with lower amounts (< 100m€), it might make sense to set up an unlicensed trust fund in Estonia (registered with Financial Supervision Authority). Cheap and quick setup with full confidentiality to investors. Ability to manage stocks, derivatives, cryptocurrencies, real estate, and other financial assets and commodities.

For this setup, two entities need to be created - fund manager (Estonian LLC) and trust fund (LPF).

Fund Manager´s main activity is the management of one or more funds, i.e. the management of financial assets of investors in order to maximize profits with minimal risk. Small Fund Manager has the right to control several funds, but the total assets of the managed funds...
Under 500 million euros.
In certain cases with lower amounts (< 100m€), it might make sense to set up an unlicensed trust fund in Estonia (registered with Financial Supervision Authority). Cheap and quick setup with full confidentiality to investors. Ability to manage stocks, derivatives, cryptocurrencies, real estate, and other financial assets and commodities.

For this setup, two entities need to be created - fund manager (Estonian LLC) and trust fund (LPF).

Fund Manager´s main activity is the management of one or more funds, i.e. the management of financial assets of investors in order to maximize profits with minimal risk. Small Fund Manager has the right to control several funds, but the total assets of the managed funds cannot exceed 100 million euros, or in case if the investments are made for long periods (from 5 years or more) and financial leverage (income gearing) is not used, then the total assets of the funds can reach 500 million euros.

Limited Partnership Fund (LPF)
is easy to register and manage, being the most common legal form for the Small Alternative Investment Fund.
The members of LPF are at least one General Partner (Fund manager-registered in Estonia), and at least one Limited Partner, i.e. investor (can be foreign entities).

LPF is fiscally transparent meaning that LPF is not considered a taxpayer or an Estonian resident for the purposes of Estonian tax laws, and the income earned by LPF is immediately allocated to its investors in proportion to their stakes in LPFs.
The investors will be then taxed as if they made investments directly, i.e., they will retain access to DTT-s.

Solution
See below posts I made on AIFM setup.

P.S Ireland, 4 weeks and 20k. Hopefully price not inflated now smi(&%.

Reactions: carlosbl
Hi, we've just set-up one in Luxembourg. Takes as much as the bank account opening for the fund company is delayed...the process itself may be 6-8 weeks, but the bloody account opening with any bank can take 3-4 extra months, and there's very little (if any) way around it. Hope this helps.

NVO

Thanks @Nicholas Van Orton.

Have you explored the Maltese option?

See below posts I made on AIFM setup.

P.S Ireland, 4 weeks and 20k. Hopefully price not inflated now smi(&%.

Many thanks @Martin Everson.

Beside Lawson Conner, any other recommended provider?

Beside Lawson Conner, any other recommended provider?

Depends on your budget, level of fund administration needed and country of choice. I mean there are a few if you shop around. I don't know if you know what is fully required to have a working AIF its no cake walk without outsourcing everything.

Reactions: carlosbl
Hi,

I would like to set up an Alternative Investment Fund (private equity, commodities).

What would be the best option in Europe? How long would it take?

Thanks.
What is the total level of assets planned under management? Is it over/under 500 million euros?

OP, since you market this as a question thread and you actually made it a question thread it then it would be much appreciated if you up and down vote answers and once you have sufficient answer mark the best answer as solution ;)

Reactions: Don and carlosbl
Clsoing this thread OP don't comply to the rules for Question threads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads