Our valued sponsor

Best jurisdictions for RU shareholders?

DavidS

Feb 11, 2021
europe
Visit site
Which caucasus countries or countries in general are relatively neutral with RU shareholders?

Kazakhstan, Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan?

Which of these are ok for registering an LLC (software development)?

Every Russian I know is heading to the UAE right now.
You are kidding right? I know some people around here have solutions for Russian citizens, but I don't believe it to be UAE!

Which caucasus countries or countries in general are relatively neutral with RU shareholders?

I would also add Serbia,also Vanuatu still works for CBI... There is also latin America and even some african countries where they can buy residency cards online. Here in Cyprus I see more and more Russians coming every day, so...

From Caucasus, Georgia is best, because Russian Citizens are not banned from company formation and bank account opening + Georgia has virtual zone company status, which you can obtain and work outside of Georgia 100% Tax-Free.

Reactions: elboligrafo
Every Russian I know is heading to the UAE right now.
Yes, it is IMO frequently used; although there are some signals worth of concern – see here Dubai's largest bank ENBD has started blocking investment accounts of Russians.
I would also add Serbia,also Vanuatu still works for CBI... There is also latin America and even some african countries where they can buy residency cards online. Here in Cyprus I see more and more Russians coming every day, so...
Serbia is really the Russians-friendly country, nevertheless there is a remarkable tension between Serbia and EU re:this, so the future can be questionable.

LatAm is perhaps geographically at a really long distance, nevertheless in the most (if not all) cases they do not make any troubles to Russians. Especially some countries, like Paraguay, are IMO quite attractive.

@Kimi, do you claim that the inflow of Russians into Cyprus is not weaking but on the contrary? Really interesting... (Cyprus joined the EU sanctions policy against Russia, or perhaps not?)

Reactions: JohnLocke
Yes, it is IMO frequently used; although there are some signals worth of concern – see here Dubai's largest bank ENBD has started blocking investment accounts of Russians.

Serbia is really the Russians-friendly country, nevertheless there is a remarkable tension between Serbia and EU re:this, so the future can be questionable.

LatAm is perhaps geographically at a really long distance, nevertheless in the most (if not all) cases they do not make any troubles to Russians. Especially some countries, like Paraguay, are IMO quite attractive.

@Kimi, do you claim that the inflow of Russians into Cyprus is not weaking but on the contrary? Really interesting... (Cyprus joined the EU sanctions policy against Russia, or perhaps not?)
I would lie if I said that I have a very precise estimate of Russian inflow to Cyprus. I just see they are still coming and not in small numbers. Yes, Cyprus has joined EU ploicy about sanctions against Russia, however, I reazlied that practice is just another thing. It does not apply to any immigration rules and for most Russians bank acounts remain unblocked.

Reactions: Forester
I would lie if I said that I have a very precise estimate of Russian inflow to Cyprus. I just see they are still coming and not in small numbers. Yes, Cyprus has joined EU ploicy about sanctions against Russia, however, I reazlied that practice is just another thing. It does not apply to any immigration rules and for most Russians bank acounts remain unblocked.
Russia and Russians are under the discriminated situation, anytime their account may be terminated, accordingly non EU countries are the best for everything, I still suggesting HK company with montenegro bank or Neat Account in HK

Worth to know. Thanks for sharing.
Russia and Russians are under the discriminated situation, anytime their account may be terminated, accordingly non EU countries are the best for everything, I still suggesting HK company with montenegro bank or Neat Account in HK
Neat does support payments to and from Russia? (Because otherwise such a HK company is not much worth.) If so, it differs e.g. from Currenxie that is hostile to RU payments...

In any case you may have account with Adreatic Bank in Montenegro, company in HK in this case you are 100% Guaranteed.
Yes, OK. (I have no experience with Adreatic Bank in Montenegro but I believe you that it supports RU payments, it looks plausible.)
But what about this Neat case? Do you know, does they really accept payments to and from Russia or not?

From Caucasus, Georgia is best, because Russian Citizens are not banned from company formation and bank account opening + Georgia has virtual zone company status, which you can obtain and work outside of Georgia 100% Tax-Free.
For a non-affluent Russian, GE once was (past tense) a good destination. Today there are much better alternatives, even in the Caucasus.
Armenia is far more attractive with its offerings (citizenship with ease, investment opportunities, better banking options) and the fact that they are not adhering to every nonsense command coming from Bruxelles.

Outside of the beaten track one should look into the new residency and CBI-program of Egypt.
Aside from their standard orgram which is up and running for a couple of years already (now lowered minimum investment) there is also the new 5-year residency visa.

If the OP is interested in SE Asia, the Philippines with its Special Investor Resident Visa (SIRV) makes it pretty easy.

For a non-affluent Russian, GE once was (past tense) a good destination. Today there are much better alternatives, even in the Caucasus.
Armenia is far more attractive with its offerings (citizenship with ease, investment opportunities, better banking options) and the fact that they are not adhering to every nonsense command coming from Bruxelles.

Outside of the beaten track one should look into the new residency and CBI-program of Egypt.
Aside from their standard orgram which is up and running for a couple of years already (now lowered minimum investment) there is also the new 5-year residency visa.

If the OP is interested in SE Asia, the Philippines with its Special Investor Resident Visa (SIRV) makes it pretty easy.
Georgia is one of the best for doing business, accordingly no alternative in Caucasus.

Latest Threads