Our valued sponsor

Best offshore jurisdiction for privacy, asset and anonymity protection, please read!

Best offshore jurisdiction for privacy, asset & anonymity protection, please read!

• Total voters

fernadex

Offshore Agent
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Marshall-Islands.jpg
Hi,

You are new to all this or you don't know what other offshore jurisdiction that can help you achieve your goals in regards to privacy, asset & anonymity protection? Then follow this thread, or even better, bookmark it so you can keep coming back and see the latest results of this Poll that I'm hereby going to start.The forum is all over with questions from both newbies and well known persons about new offshore jurisdictions that we don't have discussed before. The newbies want to know where to go and the professionals want to know where to avoid the crowd!

So let's vote for your opinions and ideas. Please help all of us by posting a comment below in this thread with suggestions, good's and bad's!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for creating this topic. It was time for a new Poll after 4 years :) My vote goes for Nevis after the already known jurisdictions, next to Anguilla and Antigua! The latter I believe can be difficult to incorporate in but on the other hand I believe there is a length of privacy protection tools and policies that can be tailore made!

I have been doing lots of research about Antigua company registration because I thought of I was the only one who knew about the opportunities there my wrong :yikes:

What I found was the following that I'm questioning:

Antigua and Barbuda is an independent, English-speaking country in the Eastern Caribbean. It is a politically stable, safe and private jurisdiction for offshore companies and offshore bank accounts. As a former British colony, Antigua's legal system embodies the principle of English statutory and common law, making it particularly attractive for certain transactions not easily structured under civil law systems.
The International Business Corporations Act of 1982 (as amended) provides excellent confidentiality and privacy. The Act prohibits the disclosure of information imparted under conditions of business or professional confidence. The Act applies to banks and professionals (including attorneys, accountants, government officers, secretaries, etc.) and includes all commercial transactions arising in Antigua and Barbuda and continues to apply whether inside or outside of Antigua and Barbuda.

Bearer shares are allowed and there is no requirement for disclosure of the beneficial ownership. There is also no requirement for filing audited accounts or annual statements of any kind.

A company incorporated under the Act is exempt from income tax for all payments by the company to persons not resident in Antigua and Barbuda. There are no real estate, inheritance, succession, gift taxes, or duty, payable by persons not resident in Antigua and Barbuda with respect to any shares, debt obligations or other securities of a company incorporated under this Act.

Because Antigua and Barbuda is an independent nation, it is not affected by the UK/EU regulations concerning the tax status of the British Dependent Territories.

Antigua and Barbuda is party to various conventions on drugs and money laundering issues. The Proceeds of Crime Act, passed in 1993, established areas of co-operation with the US and the UK. An extradition treaty with the US was signed in 1995, providing for extradition in cases of dual criminality. A Money Laundering Act was also passed in 1996, establishing guidelines for offshore banking.
Can it really be that they don't have any tax in this island? How difficult is it actually to get your company registered there?

I found an Agent that register companies in Antigua and his fees:

[h=3]ANTIGUA OFFSHORE INCORPORATION TYPICAL PACKAGE FEES[/h]
Incorporation & 1st Year Fees:US $2052
Bank Account (one time fee):US $415
Courier:US $65
-or-
Registered Airmail:US $45
Total with Courier:US $2532

The above incorporation and 1st year fees include everything you need to legally operate and manage your offshore company:

• Our incorporation fees
  • Government fees
  • Registered Office/Agent
  • Nominee Director (if desired)
  • Corporate bank account forms and account opening
  • All corporate documentation
Are these standard fees, can it be done cheaper and sounds it reasonable or too cheap to be good?

Well, the fees listed seems pretty much standard average pricing. Why would say claim tax from International companies? They try like so many other offshore jurisdictions to attract new business and that's one way of doing it.

Reactions: AMD
My vote goes to Cyprus not because I don't have companies in other offshore jurisdictions but because it is one of my favorit low tax jurisdictions which offers me so many benefits in regards to privacy but also such companies in Cyprus are trusted by all my business partners and no one has ever questioning doing business with me through this company.

Another benefit with a Cyprus company is the double tax treaty you can make use of if you are resident of a European country as I'am. That's somthing unique to my situation and can't be accomplished by any offshore company where I don't pay tax.

Here I found some information about Anguilla incorporation, from the reading over this website and information it seems it is not very different from any other offshore jurisdiction it's just that not many are actually incorporating their company in Anguilla and that it may or not be faster to register your company there. Beside that they maintain the same policy as the Seychelles it seems, not public register of company data and requires court order to get this revealed and only if criminal activity is going on there!

There is no accounting nor filing of tax or any financial reports, that a big + so the pricing of EUR 1230 seems to be OK but it is twice the pricing of a regular Seychelles company, why would you choose Anguilla then? Only because the crowd don't go there.

The International Business Companies Act was legislated on 16 October 2000 (IBC Act). This Act offers progressive legislation with flexible company structures and efficient incorporation procedures. The privacy of shareholders is guaranteed under the Act. Overall, Anguilla as an Offshore Business Center is among the best in the world, and a truly tax free zone.
The legal system is based on the British Common Law.

[h=3]Anguilla Incorporation[/h] Anguilla IBCs are exempt from all taxes. An Anguilla company can be incorporated within 24 hours after receipt of funds and completed forms.

Anguilla Incorporation document that has to be filed with the Registry is the Articles of Incorporation. This document must be filed in English or with an authenticated English translation.

There are still many company names available.

A company name must end with a word, phrase or abbreviation thereof which indicates Limited Liability.

You must maintain a registered office in Anguilla and must appoint a licensed Anguillan company as the registered agent. We provide these Anguilla offshore services. We also provide Apostilles for the international legalization of your company documents.

We will also file the necessary documents with the Registry on your behalf.

[h=3]Anguilla Company Formation Structure[/h] An Anguilla IBC is flexible regarding the capitalization, shareholders, directors and shares of the company.

• There is no minimum Authorized Share Capital requirement for Anguillan companies.
  • The maximum Share Capital has no limitation and does not affect the Registration Fee or the Annual Fees.
  • Anguilla Offshore Companies do not require more than one director.
  • One shareholder and one director are allowed. The same person can be the shareholder and director.
  • A director does not have to be a shareholder.
  • Directors and shareholders may be natural persons or corporate entities.
  • Shareholders and directors may be of any nationality and residents of any country.
  • Shares can be issued with or without Par Value.
  • Shares may be issued as Registered or Bearer form.
  • For Anguilla company incorporation, Nominee shareholders and directors are allowed and we can provide this service if required.
  • There is no requirement for a secretary.

Privacy

The IBC Act makes it an offence for anyone including an auditor or official liquidator to reveal any information regarding an Anguilla corporation, except by order of the Court, and solely relating to criminal activities.

The information on the Beneficial Owners is kept at the Registered Office and not available to the public.

We offer Nominee Services for Anguilla corporations to provide for your further confidentiality and privacy.

[h=2]Anguilla Companies Shares[/h]

• Anguilla IBC shares may be issued in a variety of forms and classifications and may include: Par or No Par Value, voting or non-voting, Preferential or Common and Registered or Bearer form.
  • Shares may be issued for money or for other valuable consideration.
  • Shares may be issued in any currency.

[h=3]Anguilla Corporation Shareholders, Directors and Officers[/h]

• The minimum requirement for an Anguillan Offshore Company is one shareholder and one director who may be the same person.
  • Nominee Shareholders and directors are allowed and we can provide this service.
  • There is no statutory requirement for a secretary or other officers for Anguillan corporations; however, if officers are required they can also be directors and shareholders.
  • Shareholders and directors may be of any nationality and reside in any country.
  • Directors and shareholders may be either a natural person or a corporate entity.

[h=3]Meeting of Shareholders and Directors of Anguilla Company[/h]

• An Anguillian IBC does not need to hold an Annual General Meeting of its shareholders. If such a meeting is decided on, it may be held anywhere in the world and by any means including by telephone or other electronic means, once effective communication is ensured.
  • Director's meetings are not required.
  • When a meeting of shareholders or directors is held, a proxy may represent a shareholder or director and speak or vote on his behalf.

[h=3]Anguilla IBC Taxation & Fees[/h]

• Law provides Tax Exemption for offshore companies beginning from the day of incorporation.
  • Annual Fees are to be paid on the birthday of the company and every twelve (12) months thereafter.
  • There are no dual Taxation Treaties with other countries; therefore there is no requirement for exchange of information with other Tax Authorities.

[h=2]Anguilla Company Books and Records[/h]

• There is no requirement to file any accounts or financial statements.
  • There is no requirement to appoint an auditor.
  • Books and records must be maintained and available if required.
  • Copies of the following documents must be kept at the Registered Office - Articles of Incorporation, General by-laws, Certificate of Incorporation and Register of shareholders and directors.
  • The Register is not available to the public.

[h=2]Anguilla Corporations Restrictions & Exemptions[/h]

• An Offshore Company incorporated in Anguilla, shall not:
  • Do business with residents of Anguilla.
  • Own interest in real property in Anguilla.
  • Carry on business in banking or trust and insurance business except if the appropriate license is granted.
  • Provide company management or registered offices for an Anguilla Offshore Corporation.

[h=3]Anguillan IBC's May:[/h]

• Have professional contact with local licensed offshore service providers, lawyers, accountants, investment advisors etc.
  • Hold meetings of shareholders and directors in Anguilla.
  • Own and manage sea vessels.

The name of an Anguillan Offshore Company must end with a word or phrase or the abbreviation thereof which indicates Limited Liability. Examples are "Limited", "Ltd.", "Corporation", "Corp.", "Société Anonyme", and "S.A.".

The name of an Anguillan Offshore Company shall not use a word or phrase which may suggest the patronage of Government such as "Government", "Govt", "National", "Royal", "Republic", "Commonwealth" or "Anguilla".

The name of an IBC may not end with a word, a phrase or an abbreviation thereof such as Bank, Assurance, Building Society, Chamber of Commerce, Foundation, Trust etc., without special permission or license.

You do not have to come to Anguilla to register your company in what is one of the best places to incorporate. With your instructions, we will do it all for you.

Costa Rica seems very popular for Gaming and Financial Service companies who don't want to obtain a valid license in other countries. If that's not needed I don't see any benefits to register a CR company.

Reactions: OffCap
What do you think about Belize? I have read it is very easy and good to incorporate many reviews are actually about Belize company formation where people using them for almost any type of business! Further I read it is cheap and fast to formation your company there.

Admin The information you provide /company-formation/belize-company-incorporation.html does not say anything about TAX to be paid and what setups possible do you have the time to explain a little more?

What do you think about Belize? I have read it is very easy and good to incorporate many reviews are actually about Belize company formation where people using them for almost any type of business! Further I read it is cheap and fast to formation your company there.
Admin The information you provide /company-formation/belize-company-incorporation.html does not say anything about TAX to be paid and what setups possible do you have the time to explain a little more?
<removed> I see you found it already! Hope it is what you were looking for otherwise post here and I'm happy to elaborate!

Last edited:
Thanks will write my review about Piraeus and Hellenic bank very soon. So far very happy guy and holder of accounts with these banks. Awesome support and banking facilities couldn't be much better!

Thanks will write my review about Piraeus and Hellenic bank very soon. So far very happy guy and holder of accounts with these banks. Awesome support and banking facilities couldn't be much better!
Please open another thread for banking reviews if you want to do so, let's keep this thread clean for offshore jurisdictions only ;)

When I in the past compared Seychelles & Belize because I didn't had any clue on where to start and the benefits of each offshore jurisdiction I made lot's and lot's of research just to figure out that I still didn't found out how to solve where to incorporate my company. What I did was to write down what actually I was looking for, what requirements I had and my goals to achieve. Finally for me privacy and asset protection (like so many here) was one of the main targets for that reason I decided to move on with a Seychelles corp.

However, just a few months later I formed a Belize corp for some other business activity where it came in handy.

I have a similar feeling about Belize and Seychelles in compareasation it seems the two jurisdicttions are offering very similar privacy protection and easy company formation, however, Seychelles offers the best privacy at the end of the day because they don't have any public registry to lookup companies and beneficial owner data.

Seychelles is still great for offshore company however it has no options for offshore accounts so you need to find an offshore bank somehwere in a different jurisdiction and then again it can be difficult to get an offshore account or even onshore / EU account for a Seychelles company in certain cases at least. You may ask your agent for help before you incorporate Seychelles!

Latest Threads