Our valued sponsor

Best (startup) ecommerce bank setup

PoncePirate

Oct 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys,
First of all, a warm thank you to all of the contributors and active members of this forum. I’ve learned valuable things while searching around in the forums.

I have an ecommerce website where I sell digital goods. Average monthly turnover of restarting the activity will go around 2 to 7k€, then will gradually increase once we’re fully operational.

I’m looking for a solid bank account (ideally with IBAN and ACH, crypto-friendly…) that is not too picky on KYC (no video conference, live selfie, etc…) for a 1y EU company.
Finally, I’m looking for a payment gateway processor that accepts digital goods sales (most of them see digital goods as high risk) to be inserted on our website.

I made some research and found some options (Bunq, BNC10, Paxum, Paysera, Payoneer…) and having advices from you guys will help in selecting the best way to proceed with.

Thanks in advance.
PP.

what digital goods do you sell? it would help to give us some more details about your service.

do you already have a company setup, or are you looking for a offshore company? what are your goals?

Thank you guys for your answers.

@EliasIT : Software keys, video games and more recently eBooks. Average transactions (clients buying) range from 10 to 50€. As mentioned, I have a fresh EU structure (UK) so in the idea of using it.
@Tamarind : Even for street banks? What would you advise to do then?

TransferWise is probably one of the easiest EMI to get accepted on. Personally I have opened many accounts with TransferWise, and I have not even one single time experienced being asked for a "selfie with passport" for example. Passport + incorporation papers have always been enough for them. If you can´t even get accepted with TransferWise then good luck.

I know that TransferWise sometimes ask for more documentation. This is probably with high risk nationalities, users going trough VPN/TOR or using a flagged passport? Do anyone know how that works?

Latest Threads