Our valued sponsor

Bitcoin up above 22.000 $US right now!!!

fanban

Mentor Group Gold Premium
May 15, 2018
Visit site
What a morning, bitcoin just reached new heights a wupping 22.000 $US

I'm totally blown away, that made me 6000 euro over night o_Oo_O

Excited Season 7 GIF by The Office

I assume the reason is below:

U.K.-based Ruffer confirmed the size of its tremendous bitcoin investment from November in an email to CoinDesk Wednesday.
  • "Ruffer's exposure to bitcoin currently totals around £550m, equivalent to around 2.7% of the firm's assets under management," a spokesperson told CoinDesk in an email.
  • Based on current exchange rates, £550 million is worth $744.26 million or roughly 45,000 BTC based on November 2020 prices.
  • The investment was "primarily a protective move for portfolios" to "act as a hedge" against "some of the risks that we see in a fragile monetary system and distorted financial markets."
  • Ambiguous wording in Ruffer's initial shareholder memo created uncertainty whether the investment was 2.5% of the multi-strategy fund or 2.5% of the funds total more than $20 billion in managed assets.

Not sure when we should sell, the last time a whale was on hunt it only last 4 days and BANG it crashed.

Is this time different? At last?

All time highs in the past were speculators, hoping that BTC would go up. OK, whatever.

This time, is it speculation on BTC, or is it concern that USD, EUR, GBP, JPY, etc have lost their intrinsic value?

I love trading crypto to crypto, but I've never been in love with BTC as a store of value until recently. I don't think that BTC is the end game, but it seems to fit into the legacy financial system in a perverse way.

Crypto is not just about the price of Bitcoin. Crypto means that somebody in most countries of the world can buy a tokenised gram of gold, or one tenth of a share of AMZN or GOOG or one tenth of an ethereum. Crypto means that in future we will buy non fungibles like a bottle of next years' wine to be drunk in ten years.

The price of BTC is not the important thing. But it can be what wakes people up to a financial system that isn't controlled by oligarchs, central bankers and politicians. We can hope.

Reactions: CaptK and Moh1
hi. On what altcoins would you recommend to pay attention to?
XRP, Stellar and Ethereum

That's my list of altcoins.

The price of BTC is not the important thing. But it can be what wakes people up to a financial system that isn't controlled by oligarchs, central bankers and politicians. We can hope.
that is the entire idea behind crypto and btc - it's beautiful and better then sex.

Reactions: CaptK
hi. On what altcoins would you recommend to pay attention to?
XLM & KIN.
XLM within the next 2 years will see massive growth just google who is and will be using the blockchain.
KIN will be 3-5 years, they have partnered with Roblox the game and this will be the crypto of choice for in game purchases.

XRP in the short term.

Enjoy the bitcoin pump while it lasts smi(&%

Any brave buyers on here or are you all sellers?

Reactions: CaptK
bought mine some time ago waiting for the btc to cross 50K

Anything is possible with BTC I suppose...lol.

it's the wrong time to buy at the moment I think...

Someone got to buy to get it to 50k. More idiots are needed to keep this thing going surely.

Someone got to buy to get it to 50k. More idiots are needed to keep this thing going surely.
smi(&% Looks like there are plenty of big Investment firms ready to buy big in bitcoins

Old news by now, but I want to lead the attention to the following:
The revelation sheds light on how large investors are entering the bitcoin market: namely through trusted partners. Big bets in recent weeks by everyone from MassMutual to Guggenheim are seen as the driving force behind bitcoin’s current price rally. (MassMutual went with NYDIG for its $100 million bitcoin buy.)

I believe there is a bright future to look forward to, if you do it right you may hit the jackpot before everything goes down again.

Reactions: Risehigh
I guess I am alone in my opposing views. I am the skeptic in the room smi(&%

Anyway long live bitcoin it did me well end of 2017 and if history repeats itself we will be back under $10k by Mar 2021 or at $40k....lol

I would keep buying if i could smi(&%
This is not retail fomo like in 2017, the bubble hasn't shown up yet believe it or not!
Last time bitcoin broke ATH after the previous halving it shoot up above 100% before a significant pull back, we are at 25% right now.

The supply has been cut in half and the institutions are seriously coming in with serious amounts, this is going to be the mother of all bubble ahah.

Reactions: orangeye
I am a bit skeptical and feel like it will drop soon just like in the end of 2017 but we shall see
is that feeling backed by anything substantial ?

I can tell you any TA guys will be bullish on the current chart of bitcoin.

one big investment firm came up with a valuation of 400k for bitcoin this week, and when these guys come up with a price valuation they are always on the conservative side.

is that feeling backed by anything substantial ?
Not really, the news are in favor of bitcoin but that is already included in the price. Keep in mind bitcoin was at around 7k$ in january 2020 so even if it ends the year at lets say 19k$ it is still a tremendous growth. I believe some investors are hotheaded because of the profit they've already made and are becoming to think wishfully

I have no idea how they came up with this 400k bitcoin valuation, imo its impossible to predict. It seems like they are trying to lure in uninformed investors and prey upon them like a pump and dump scheme, I would not invest in btc at 23k$ but time will tell, impossible to predict precisely considering pandemic and other events

I also checked crypto community in my country and most people there are taxi drivers and plumbers behaving like cryptocurrencies are their religion, I asked myself if these people usually make millions or are being preyed upon and it really discouraged me from investing into crypto

I guess I am alone in my opposing views. I am the skeptic in the room smi(&%

Anyway long live bitcoin it did me well end of 2017 and if history repeats itself we will be back under $10k by Mar 2021 or at $40k....lol
Hi @Martin Everson , I second your views, alongside Tesla's...so basically we're the laughing stock for now, lol... At the end of the day, valuations, price discovery and fundamental analysis have all but disappeared amid this hype-induced environment, so the trend(s) will continue....until they don't. Then, and only then, we'll see the magnitude of the tragedy and who was swimming naked in this pool of liquidity.

Latest Threads